MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minneapolis Police officers who tried to arrest and ultimately shot Jamar Clark have been interviewed by state investigators.

The head of the Minneapolis Police Federation said the interviews wrapped up late Tuesday night.

The 24-year-old was shot by Minneapolis Police early Sunday.

The BCA says officers did not have dashcam or body camera video to help with the investigation, but state investigators say they do have video from witnesses, which they won’t release until after the investigation. The BCA says so far none of the video investigators have looked at shows the entire incident.

The FBI is also conducting an investigation, after being asked by Mayor Betsy Hodges and Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau.

One of the looming questions is whether Clark was handcuffed when he was shot. He wasn’t armed, but witnesses and police disagree on whether he was in handcuffs.

Protestors held a night of unity outside the police precinct on Plymouth Avenue, and it was a peaceful demonstration.

The protesters say they will stay at the police station until they have the officers’ names and see the video. The BCA says the investigation could take from 2 to 4 months, but one of the protesters told WCCO they could hold out that long.

The protesters did not make their way towards Interstate 94 as they did the night before, but a number of squads parked near the interstate Tuesday night.

Comments