MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Over the next week in our Trees of Hope Campaign we’re talking about domestic violence. One in four women will be a victim of domestic violence in their lifetime.
So we’ve teamed up with SafeJourney, a local group which meets victims who are at North Memorial Hospital, or anyone who contacts them asking for help 24-7.READ MORE: Stimulus Check Update: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming?
Below is more information about SafeJourney.READ MORE: Guthrie Theater To Reopen In July, With Shows Starting In October
SafeJourney Referral NumbersMORE NEWS: Judge Denies Media Requests For Cameras At Hearing For Kim Potter, Officer Charged In Daunte Wright's Death
- SafeJourney 24-Hour Advocacy Number, 763-581-3940: For victims of domestic abuse or anyone needing to talk with an advocate.
- SafeJourney Office Number, 763-581-3942: For anyone who wants information about SafeJourney, wishes to volunteer, and for anyone interested in attending support group.
SafeJourney General Information
- All SafeJourney services are free and confidential.
- SafeJourney at North Memorial was founded in 1994.
- SafeJourney is a hospital-base domestic abuse advocacy program, which provides 24 hour on site advocacy.
- SafeJourney serves patients at North Memorial Medical Center, Maple Grove Hospital, North Memorial Clinics, and individuals in the community who are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Services include weekly support group, after care support and follow up calls, individual counseling, individualized safety planning, referrals to safe housing, legal resources, documentation of injury, community resources and options.