MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Survivors of priest abuse say the Archdiocese of Minneapolis and St. Paul can contribute more to victims than it has proposed in bankruptcy court.

The archdiocese proposed $65 million to go into a trust fund in a May filing.

But a proposal Monday by the committee representing victims says it can really afford around $80 million.

A lawyer for the victim’s committee calls the proposal fair, and says it does not interrupt the work of the church.

The archdiocese says it is trying to negotiate in good faith, and its goal is a fair and just resolution for all.

The archdiocese filed for bankruptcy last year while facing clergy abuse lawsuits.

It says it is the best way for victims to be fairly compensated.