MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Whether you want to celebrate the colder weather, Christmas or Veteran’s Day, there are several ways to do so this weekend in the Twin Cities.
It is a time to celebrate and honor all veterans who have served this country with bravery.
The official State of Minnesota Veterans Day Program is Friday at the Veterans Memorial Community Center in Inver Grove Heights. Veterans and their families are encouraged to attend.
The morning will feature a free community breakfast at 8:30 a.m. The ceremony begins at 10 a.m.
As the temperatures dip cooler this weekend, warm up with a bowl of chili.
The Midtown Global Market is holding its 10th annual Global Chili Cook-Off on Saturday.
For a $5 donation, you can sample 12 chili recipes prepared by vendors from around the Market.
Don’t forget to vote for your favorite!
Santa Claus is coming to town!
Old St. Nick will arrive Thursday night in grand holiday style outside the north entrance with his reindeer and elves. This year, enjoy a holiday carnival filled with special circus performers, a hot chocolate bar, children’s activities and treats.
You can get your photo with Santa in Sears Court Now through Christmas Eve.
Finally, this Sunday help celebrate the Twin Cities restaurant scene at the 6th annual Charlie Awards at the Pantages Theater.
Stay for the after-party featuring appetizers prepared by Minneapolis culinary schools. Tickets are $35.
INTERESTED IN CELEBRITY NEWS?
HERE’S MORE FROM RADIO.COM
- Adele Shares Cute Australian Tour Announcement
- P!nk & Red Hot Chili Peppers to Headline 50th Summerfest
- Leon Russell, Elton John and Appreciating the Giants
- Grace Vanderwaal Announces ‘Perfectly Imperfect’ EP
- Brantley Gilbert Announces 2017 Tour Dates
- Juicy J Announces 2017 Tour Dates
- Thomas Rhett Releases Wild ‘Star of the Show’ Video
- Bruce Springsteen Rescued by New Jersey Veterans
- Aerosmith Announce ‘Farewell’ Tour
- Lil Wayne Signs with Jay Z?