MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A vigil planned Tuesday night will mark one year since Jamar Clark was shot by Minneapolis Police.
Last year, the unarmed 24-year-old was shot and killed in North Minneapolis. The officers were responding to a call about a woman being assaulted.
There are conflicting reports about what happened in the moments leading up to the shooting. However, police said Clark was going for their gun during a struggle.
Clark was fatally wounded on the evening on Nov. 15 and died the next day of a gunshot wound to the head.
Last March, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said no charges would be filed against the two officers involved and that their actions were justified.
Sunday, demonstrators gathered in North Minneapolis, continuing their cries for what they see as justice.
Some are calling for Freeman to take a second look at the case.