MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Authorities in central Minnesota say no one was hurt in a weekend house fire believed to be caused by a space heater.

isanti house fire Space Heater Suspected In Isanti Co. House Fire

(credit: Isanti County Sheriff’s Office)

The Isanti County Sheriff’s Office says the fire occurred Saturday morning in a home on the 5600 block of Highway 95 Northwest in Wyanett Township.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found the home fully engulfed in flames and the occupants outside. Traffic on Highway 95 was briefly delayed.

A space heater being used to heat the home might have started the fire, the sheriff’s office said.

The fire remains under investigation.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.