Department: Tech Ops (News)
- Shoot assigned news and sports stories in a creative, clear and accurate manner.
- Set up lighting and audio as situation dictates.
- Edit daily stories under deadline pressure using non-linear editing systems.
- Work with reporters and producers as well as on your own to create stories that are visually appealing and meaningful.
- Operate ENG news vans, drive station vehicle to assignments and report all maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working order and report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Complete work within newscast deadlines.
- Uphold journalistic, ethical and professional standards consistent with company policies and values.
- Perform other duties, which may be assigned by a newsroom manager
- Operating proficiency of Sony EX-3, Panasonic P-2 or similar ENG Systems as well as non-linear editing on FCP, Edius, Avid or a similar system.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to carry, shoulder and shoot with a broadcast ENG camera (25 lb. or more), as well as carry support equipment (i.e., tripod, lights, etc.).
- Two to five years of experience as a photojournalist in a medium to major market.
- Two- to four-year degree.
- Shifts will include nights and weekends and some holidays.
- Please include a link to a demo reel with your online application.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.