MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A 911 call from their son may have saved the lives of two parents in the west metro.

According to the South Lake Minnetonka Police Department, a 10-year-old boy called 911 around 3 a.m. Friday to report his mother and father “were falling down around the house.”

The father told dispatch he and his wife were feeling weak and had lost consciousness for some time.

When police arrived, they found the parents on the floor.

Excelsior Fire District officers arrived and tested the home for carbon monoxide. They found high levels of carbon monoxide on the floor where the parents slept, and lower levels on the children’s floor.

The parents were hospitalized and treated. The children were transported to the hospital as a precaution. All four are home now and doing well, police said.

Comments (3)

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.