MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office says a shop fire at a residence in western Minnesota destroyed $5,000 worth of property on Sunday.

According to an incident report, the 49-year-old owner of a residence near Underwood, Minnesota was, “siphoning fuel from a snowmobile into a gas tank with a small propane heater nearby, causing flames to produce,” around 5 p.m.

Authorities say the fire resulted in a total loss of the interior of the shop.

The Underwood Fire Department worked to put out the flames, with assistance from the Battle Lake Fire Department.