MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — For the third straight day, Minneapolis and St. Paul entered a mandatory curfew at 8 p.m., but three groups of peaceful protesters remained after it went into effect.

11:08 p.m.

READ MORE: Russell, Towns Lead Wolves To Rare Win At Milwaukee

WCCO’s Mike Max says, as the last few protesters detained outside of Bobby & Steve’s gas station in downtown Minneapolis await transportation to Hennepin County Jail, he’s witnessed law enforcement and protesters having calm conversations for hours, even with moments of laughter.

10:22 p.m.

WCCO’s David Schuman reports that the second group of Minneapolis protesters is now gathered outside Cup Foods at the corner of East 38th Street and Chicago Avenue — the site where George Floyd died after being arrested by four now-former Minneapolis police officers.

10:10 p.m.

St. Paul Police confirm that a group of about a dozen protesters near the Minnesota State Capitol building is being arrested.

9:19 p.m.

WCCO’s David Schuman is walking with the second group of protesters, which may be larger than the group being arrested near Bobby & Steve’s. They are heading south on Portland Avenue, peacefully chanting, with no sign of law enforcement around.

9:08 p.m.

WCCO’s Mike Max reports that 150 protesters arrested next to Bobby & Steve’s gas station have been placed into separate buses: One for females, one for males. Max says the protesters have been peaceful.

9:01 p.m.

READ MORE: Whitecaps Jump To 5th Place With 2-0 Win Over Loons

WCCO’s David Schuman says that his group, which had re-congregated near the viking ship outside of U.S. Bank Stadium, moved toward Minneapolis City Hall and then started to disperse from there.

8:45 p.m.

WCCO’s Mike Max reports that a group at Bobby & Steve’s gas station has been corralled mainly into a parking lot as of 8:45 p.m.

(credit: CBS)

Many, if not all, of the protesters were among those on the Interstate 35W Bridge when a semi-truck drove into a crowd of thousands.

8 p.m.

For a third straight day Minneapolis and St. Paul entered a mandatory curfew at 8 p.m., along with many other suburbs throughout the Twin Cities.

“During the curfew, no one is allowed to travel on Minneapolis and Saint Paul streets or public places, except for first responders, members of the media, people going back and forth to work, individuals seeking emergency care or fleeing danger, and people experiencing homelessness. Curfews are not limited to Minneapolis and St. Paul. Mayors and local governments across the state can issue their own curfews,” the governor’s office said.

The curfew was defied by rioters Friday night, who caused destruction and fires to downtown stores and businesses following the death of George Floyd. The second night, with the Minnesota National Guard fully mobilized, saw less overt destruction and unrest.

7:10 p.m.

The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says a tanker truck driver is in custody after speeding through marchers protesting the death of George Floyd on the Interstate 35W Bridge in Minneapolis Sunday.

MORE NEWS: 'We Do Have It Handled': Amazon's Shakopee Fulfillment Center Preps For Holiday Shopping Surge

DPS Commissioner John Harrington says it appears that no protesters on the southbound lanes of the interstate were seriously hurt. He estimates that 5,000 to 6,000 people were on the bridge at the time the truck sped through. Harrington says the truck was already on the interstate before the incident, even though it had closed about 40 minutes earlier at 5 p.m. and barriers were in place specifically for the marchers.