Here are the latest updates in the COVID-19 pandemic:
- 2 p.m.: Wisconsin health officials say there are now 19,892 positive cases of COVID-19. The death toll has risen to 626.
- 11 a.m.: Health officials report 404 new cases of COVID-19 and 29 more deaths. Since the outbreak began three months ago, 1,115 people have died.
- 8:39 a.m.: Nearly 2 million more Americans applied for unemployment aid last week, bringing the total number of those seeking jobless benefits since the outbreak began to around 44 million. Some of those workers may have been rehired.
- 8:03 a.m.: More popular Minneapolis restaurants have stopped takeout temporarily due to staff members testing positive for COVID-19. So far, the list of closed restaurants includes: Revival (Minneapolis location), Pizzeria Lola, Braza (Northeast), Rustica, and the three Broders restaurants.
- 5:35 a.m.: Some taxpayers are still waiting for their coronavirus stimulus check.
- Wednesday: Large protests across the nation over George Floyd’s death spark fears of new COVID-19 surges.
CONTACT US: Do you have a story about the COVID-19 pandemic to share with us? Please contact us here.