Title: Assignment Editor (Part Time)
- Deadline-oriented news junkie with strong editorial skills.
- Storyteller who confirms what happened and then digs into the “how” and “why” to create context and meaning out of facts.
- Assign and manage news crews, assignments and story development across all platforms.
- Own, file and track all data requests.
- Assist with day-to-day story research and investigation using digital research insights to push the news cycle forward.
- Generate story ideas and enterprise reporting.
- Develop a pool of contacts and sources to help us break news on digital first.
- Coordinate coverage with CBS News and network affiliates.
- Take in live and recorded feeds from crews in the field.
- Monitor phones, emails and vet news tips.
- Other duties as assigned by news management
- Strong news judgment as well as communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, attacking deadlines and decisions calmly and swiftly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse staff
- Experience with databases, Microsoft Windows including Outlook, iNews, as well as Social Media
- Must be available to work any shift required in a 24/7 newsroom including weekends and evenings
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field
- 1-3 years in a medium or large market
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.