By Kate Raddatz

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) –In an attempt to stop the surge of COVID-19 cases in Wisconsin, the governor of Wisconsin ordered more stringent capacity rules at bars and restaurants last week.

A lawsuit was filed by the state’s Tavern League, and Wednesday a Sawyer County judge temporarily blocked the order.

READ MORE: 'Hockey Party’: Hundreds Compete In Pond Hockey Tournament's Opening Weekend Finale

Restaurant owner Kimberly Braun is still processing the changes being made, again.

“Honestly irritated,” Braun said.  “Because it keeps changing.”

She says she’s okay with the 25% capacity that was in the order as long as restaurants have clear direction of what to plan for. Right now the restaurant has plans for a four season patio to accommodate diners outside.

“We spent all last week getting things set up so we can operate and try to increase capacity outside,” Braun said.

Across the street at the Kitchen Table, White said bartender Andy White prefers to have restrictions to stay local based on numbers in cities and counties rather than a statewide restriction.

READ MORE: 'This Is All About Inclusion': The 5 Simple Rules Of Wheelchair Etiquette

“The restrictions so far have been a little tough,” he said.

“There’s a lot of disgruntled people they’re thinking the state’s trying to pick on us,” he said.  “Because around our area we’re not hit as bad.”

Wisconsin’s cases have been surging this fall, with more than 3,100 reported Wednesday by the state’s health department.

“I imagine for the safety of the people it’s a good idea to keep the distancing. But it does hurt the businesses,” Jamie Christiansen, from Prescott, said.

The Tavern League of Wisconsin said that the order is only temporary.

MORE NEWS: John Jones Pleads Guilty In Hit-And-Run Crash That Killed Bridget O'Keefe Dunn

There is a hearing scheduled for Monday.

Kate Raddatz