MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minnesota Vikings standout wide receiver Adam Thielen has been activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list as the team hunts for a playoff spot.
Thielen missed the team’s game against the Carolina Panthers due to being on the list. Vikings won that game with a last-minute touchdown.READ MORE: Daunte Wright Shooting: Demonstrators And Police Clash For 4th Night In Brooklyn Center
The move means Thielen will be playing in the team’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, which will be airing on WCCO.
Thielen’s return is significant considering the team is still in the playoff hunt. According to recent projections, the team has a 30% chance of making the playoffs.READ MORE: 'These Kids Are Going To Be Traumatized': Residents At Epicenter Of Daunte Wright Protests Feel Powerless
The Vikings also announced Wednesday that the team has signed a long snapper, Andrew DePaola, from the practice squad to the active roster. A cornerback, Tae Hayes, was also signed to the practice squad.MORE NEWS: Daunte Wright Shooting: Fmr. Officer Kim Potter Released From Jail Hours After Arrest For Manslaughter Charges
More On WCCO.com:
- WCCO Full Coverage: Derek Chauvin Trial
- More Than 60 People Arrested Following Third Night Of Protests Over Daunte Wright’s Killing
- Officer Kim Potter, Police Chief Resign; Potter Faces Possible Criminal Charges
- Stimulus Check Update: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming Your Way?
- Daunte Wright Killing: How Does An Officer Confuse Their Gun For A Taser?