KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — Kevin Molino scored twice in the first half and Minnesota United advanced to the MLS Western Conference finals, beating Sporting Kansas City 3-0 on Thursday night.
Fourth-seeded Minnesota will play at No. 2 seed Seattle on Monday night for a spot in the MLS Cup finals.READ MORE: Timeline: Key Events Since George Floyd's Arrest And Death
Bakaye Dibassy also scored, and Emanuel Reynoso assists on all three goals.
Molino opened the scoring in the 27th minute with a run up the left side to finish a feed from Reynoso.READ MORE: Attorneys At Derek Chauvin Trial In George Floyd's Death To Make Final Pitch
Eight minutes later, Molino wrapped his right foot around Reynoso’s chip pass with just enough pace to get it past goalkeeper Tim Melia.
Dibassy made it 3-0 with a header to finish Reynoso’s corner in the 39th minute.MORE NEWS: 2 Killed, 1 Hurt In Lowry Tunnel Crash In Minneapolis
(All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More On WCCO.com:
- Attorneys At Derek Chauvin Trial In George Floyd’s Death To Make Final Pitch
- Police: Officers Fatally Shoot Carjacking Suspect Who Shot At Them On I-35W Burnsville
- Drive-By Shooter Targets National Guard Humvee In Minneapolis, Injuring 2 Guardsmen
- 2 Killed, 1 Hurt In Lowry Tunnel Crash In Minneapolis
- What Happens If Derek Chauvin Is Convicted, Or If He’s Acquitted?