MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A crystal ball didn’t predict a fire in Wisconsin — but it did start one.
This happened Monday at a home near Wisconsin Dells. The Dalton Fire Department says a crystal ball was sitting near a window, and when the sun hit it, it set the couch on fire.
Investigators say the ball worked like a magnifying glass and focused the sun’s energy.
No one was hurt, but the fire caused about $250,000 worth of damage to the home.
More On WCCO.com:
- Tallest Trooper Ever To Serve Among Those Added To Minnesota State Patrol’s Ranks
- After WCCO’s Eye-Opening Ride Along With Minneapolis Sergeant, Both Sides Of Policing Debate Give Very Different Takes
- ‘Best Small Cities In America’: 2 Minnesota Communities Make The Top 50 List
- Buffalo Man Charged With Sexually Assaulting 18-Month-Old