MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 76-year-old man was killed when the vehicle he was driving struck a tree in western Wisconsin Tuesday morning.
According to the St. Croix County Sheriff’s Office, another driver reported a vehicle in a ditch at Tower Road and Coulee Trail in Troy Township just before 6 a.m. Tuesday.
The sheriff’s office said Derwin Robey of River Falls, Wisconsin, was driving westbound on Tower Road, crossed over Coulee Trail, went into the ditch and hit a tree.
Robey was not wearing a seatbelt, the sheriff’s office said, and was declared dead at the scene.
This is the county’s first traffic-related death of the year.
More On WCCO.com:
- WCCO Full Coverage: Derek Chauvin Trial
- More Than 60 People Arrested Following Third Night Of Protests Over Daunte Wright’s Killing
- Officer Kim Potter, Police Chief Resign; Potter Faces Possible Criminal Charges
- Stimulus Check Update: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming Your Way?
- Daunte Wright Killing: How Does An Officer Confuse Their Gun For A Taser?