MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Gov. Tim Walz will receive his COVID-19 vaccine Tuesday, the day vaccination eligibility opens to all Minnesotans over the age of 16.
Walz will receive the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine alongside former governor Tim Pawlenty, the governor’s office said in a release.
Walz announced last week that all Minnesotans above age 16 would be eligible to receive a dose as of March 30, though it was not a guarantee they would be able to get one right away.
The Minnesota Department of Health has asked health care providers to still prioritize appointments for people who are at higher risk.
More On WCCO.com:
- WCCO Full Coverage: Derek Chauvin Trial
- More Than 60 People Arrested Following Third Night Of Protests Over Daunte Wright’s Killing
- Officer Kim Potter, Police Chief Resign; Potter Faces Possible Criminal Charges
- Stimulus Check Update: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming Your Way?
- Daunte Wright Killing: How Does An Officer Confuse Their Gun For A Taser?