MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A Rochester teen is dead and a young man is fighting for his life after an overnight rollover crash near Cannon Falls.
According to the Minnesota State Patrol, 22-year-old Daniel Yeung was driving north on Highway 52 about about 2:45 a.m. Sunday when his Kia Soul left the roadway, crossed to the southbound lanes and rolled.
His passenger, 16-year-old Haya Ambreen Mahmood, was killed in the crash. Yeung, also from Rochester, was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries. The state patrol says neither Yeung or Mahmood were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help cover funeral expenses for Mahmood.
More On WCCO.com:
- WCCO Full Coverage: Derek Chauvin Trial
- More Than 60 People Arrested Following Third Night Of Protests Over Daunte Wright’s Killing
- Officer Kim Potter, Police Chief Resign; Potter Faces Possible Criminal Charges
- Stimulus Check Update: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming Your Way?
- Daunte Wright Killing: How Does An Officer Confuse Their Gun For A Taser?