MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Eagan Fire Department extinguished an ignited fireworks display at a grocery store Monday, and several youths are in custody for possible arson.
Eagan police say first responders were called to the Hy-Vee at about 2 p.m. Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames, with no injuries reported.
Police say “some juveniles” were taken into custody in connection to the fire after officers found them about a half-mile away from the scene. The total damage is unknown.
As of Monday evening, the store is being ventilated and will be “temporarily closed until further notice,” according to the store’s Twitter account.
More On WCCO.com:
- Assistant Director Who Handed Alec Baldwin Prop Gun Before Fatal Shooting Has Deep Minnesota Ties
- MN Weather: Showers And Rumbles Wednesday As Slow Storm System Moves Into State
- ‘It’s More Than The Machinery’: Farmers Come Together To Help Family In Need
- Minneapolis Triple Shooting: 2 Boys, 1 Man Hurt In Drive-By Attack