By David Schuman

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Authorities in central Minnesota believe they have found the body of Amanda Vangrinsven, the Isanti woman who has been missing since last week.

The Isanti County Sheriff’s Office announced late Tuesday that deputies and Isanti police officers executed a search warrant on the 300 block of 261 Avenue Northwest in Athens Township, about four miles south of where Vangrinsven, 32, was last seen.

Crews found the body of a woman on the property, and, based on evidence found at the scene, determined it was Vangrinsven. The sheriff’s office says the body has been brought to a medical examiner’s office for identification and to determine her cause of death.

No one is in custody in connection with Vangrinsven’s disappearance. However, the case remains under investigation, and the sheriff’s office said a press conference will be held in the coming days to answer questions.

Vangrinsven was last seen alive Thursday night at the Isanti VFW, where she worked. According to police, Vangrinsven left her workplace with someone that night, and the two went out to Dugout Bar in Bethel.

Vangrinsven was reportedly dropped back off at the VFW on Thursday evening, but she did not show up for her shift on Friday. Her car was found parked outside the VFW.

Over the last several days, dozens of volunteers worked to find Vangrinsven, searching new areas around Isanti each day. The sheriff’s office thanked the public for their help in finding Vangrinsven.

Close friends who worked at the VFW with Vangrinsven remembered her Wednesday as a caring, hilarious, and happy person.

“There’s no words to describe how this whole community has felt,” said Sarah Cisar. “This is definitely not the outcome we were looking for.”

Vangrinsven’s body was found on an Isanti property that belongs to the man friends say she was last seen with. That man’s wife tells WCCO he’s now at a mental health facility and they’re cooperating with police.

“I don’t know what is harder: that they found her and that this is the outcome or just not knowing,” Cisar said.

Another friend, Jennifer Parson, said Vangrinsven had a heart of gold.

“Everybody else was so important to her, more important than her own self,” Parson said.

Investigators are looking at the death as suspicious. As of Wednesday afternoon, no one had been taken into custody.

“It’s very scary for all of us,” Parson said. “We do just want answers for her family.”

On Wednesday night there is a prayer vigil planned for anyone who wants to come out and share stories about Vangrinsven. A GuFundMe page is also raising money for Vangrinsven’s family to offset unexpected expenses.

David Schuman