Title: Newscast Producer
- Dynamic producer to passionately lead a team of anchors, reporters, photographers, editors and other journalists.
- Appreciates the power of pictures, people and pacing.
- Creates great TV and helps to collaborate on content for digital platforms every day.
- Understands the importance of executing strong breaking news and weather coverage.
- Always has ideas and creates moments to showcase news/weather and sports anchors.
- Work closely with news managers to evaluate value-added content for the changing audience.
- Use video, live pictures, graphics, props, social media, anchor involvement and the other tools of television to deliver meaningful, memorable and distinctive news.
- Writes memorable copy on tight deadlines.
- Ensure newscast’s timeliness, accuracy, fairness, quality and compliance with all FCC requirements and CBS standards.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a producer in commercial television news.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or Communications required.
- Naturally curious and competitive leader; strong organizational and communication skills, conversational writing, as well as effectiveness working in teams and on tight deadlines.
- iNews, Tagboard, Grass Valley Stratus/Edius, Ross Overdrive.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.