- Anchor newscasts and report for TV and our digital platforms.
- Originate, research, investigate, write, narrate, produce and present high-energy, engaging live shots or recorded stories as assigned.
- Leader in social media and other new technologies to engage with the audience and innovate new ways of storytelling.
- Coach reporters, producers and other contributors.
- Collaborate optimally with colleagues in News, Digital, Promotion, Production and Engineering on daily assignments, sweeps stories and special projects
- Ensure an accurate and ethical presentation of the news
- Research and conduct necessary interviews
- Manage all news production deadlines
- Participate in various Community Relations/Public Relations appearances (parades, organization dinners, fundraisers, meetings, etc.)
- Ensure that the daily broadcast is consistent with station strategic goals, values and brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have exceptional communication and active listening skills
- Must have ability to ad lib clearly and accurately during times of breaking news
- Must be a strong emotional storyteller
- Must be results oriented, curious, creative and committed to collaboration
- Must be flexible to working all shifts.
- Years of Experience as an anchor in a medium/large market
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related field preferred.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.