Police: Mpls. Woman, 70, Injured In Hit-And-Run

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 70-year-old woman is in the hospital after a hit-and-run in Minneapolis Tuesday morning, according to police.

Police say the victim, identified as Mintrawati Dhannu of Minneapolis, was crossing West Lake Street on Blaisdell Avenue on a marked crosswalk when she was struck by a vehicle.

The vehicle ran her over, dragged her about 8 to 10 feet and fled eastbound on West Lake Street without stopping, police said.

A witness described the vehicle as a white Chevrolet Yukon or Suburban.

Dhannu is in critical condition with collapsed lungs, fractured ribs, a broken pelvis, and a cut to her head.

According to her daughter, Dhannu was on her way to K-Mart when she was hit.

1. Billy says:

I don’t understand why the picture above is a road that looks like its covered in ice.

I think the person that does this website could have came up with a better picture, what does an ice covered road have to do with a hit-and-run? Does an ice covered road justify it or something?

2. Jean Wiklun says:

with the dark days and so many getting hit on roadways I would like to know where I can get a yellow vest to wear when I am walking my dog. That is what we should make available to everyone that it out at night. Make it easy for us to access them.

1. JamieinMN says:

A good place would be Fleet Farm, Cabela’s, any sporting good store.

2. billy says:

I think a lot of people just don’t care anymore. Why would someone hit an old lady
      and not stop? Same thing happened about a month ago when police were looking for a truck that had front-end damage, glad they found the truck and arrested the owner.

3. Julie says:

they also have little flasher type lights that you can attach to your dog’s collar at fleet farm. i got one for my dog last year..works great.

4. Burt says:

Walmart in New Ulm.

3. Shane Gillespie says:

It’s a picture of a crosswalk. DUH

4. billy says:

Crosswalk yea, but that sewer makes it look like their was a drainage problem somewhere.

5. billy says:

Shane Gillespie, you should never put your FULL NAME when posting.

You know how quick it would take me to look up yor phone number and address?

6. billy says:

Just a quick google, Shane Gillespie, who lives near 23rd and Clinton, thats why I think it is a very bad idea how WCCO lets people post to the public. Theres a lot of crazy people out there, be careful.

7. jmsasin says:

So be it a picture of a crosswalk that appears to be icey..A women was hit crossing the road and injured..Why does the picture have anything to do with the story…Who cares about the photo..Come on