Trees Of Hope: Donate to Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance at 1-800-542-9226 or click here. | More

Red Lake Man Sentenced For Stabbing Death

DULUTH, Minn. (AP) — A 20-year-old Red Lake man has been sentenced to 6-and-a-half years in prison for a stabbing death on the Red Lake Indian Reservation in northern Minnesota last February.

Ryan Roy Cloud was sentenced Monday in U.S. District Court on one count of voluntary manslaughter.

In his plea agreement, Cloud admitted stabbing the 27-year-old man at a Red Lake home during a party.

Court documents say tribal police were called to the Indian Health Service Hospital because a man had been treated for stab wounds. After learning the stabbing took place at a home, police went to the residence, spotted a pool of blood and a knife outside.

Police later learned Cloud and the victim had been wrestling and that Cloud stabbed the man twice.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

1. John says:

Where is the call to Ban all Knife’s. If this story would have involved a gun there would have be 10 post from Anti gun people by now!!!!

2. rita says:

six years? what is WRONG with us?

3. Talesha says:

man that was my big cousin and i really hate that he is in jail for life and just really miss him alot and even his family….see u when u get home.luv you so much….<3 ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

4. shanda- says:

man i love an m,isss yu ryan,,,

1. me says:

at least u can see him again…

5. Sayers03 says:

The man that was killed was my sons father. And i wish i was there for the impact statements because maybe what i had to say would have made a difference and gave this murderer more time than 6 years. My son didnt know his father very good but he was starting to. i dropped him off at his house one day and his dad wanted a hug but my son who was 6 at the time stood back and put his hand out for a handshake. His dad smiled and gave him a handshake and i left him there for a couple hours. When i came back to pick him up they gave eachother a hug good-bye. My son had a good afternoon spending time with his dad and i always figured there would be alot of time for my son to get to know him, but i feel like me and my son were robbed of that and now my son has to grow up without a father. All because people have to take a fight to the next level and use weapons. And this guy gets to be free in 2015? that aint right at all, this man had 6 kids and ruined all of their lives….