Mother, 2 Sons Killed In Overnight Hit-And-Run Crash

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Three people were killed when a stolen vehicle, being chased by the Minnesota State Patrol, hit their vehicle.

The accident happened just after midnight Sunday. Police say 29-year-old Rufus Onel Victor was being pursued after he was seen driving erratically exiting on Dowling Avenue from Interstate 94 in Minneapolis.

rufus onel victor, hit and run, minneapolis, three killed

Rufus Victor. (credit: Hennepin County Sheriff's Department)

Lt. Eric Roeske said Victor hit two vehicles, one unoccupied and the other with a woman and her two children inside.

Twenty-nine-year-old Amanda Jean Thomas, of Fridley, her 12-year-old son, André, and 3-month-old boy Akeron were all killed in the crash. Thomas and the 12-year-old died at the scene and the baby was taken to the hospital, where he later died.

NewsRadio 830 WCCO’s Bruce Hagevik Reports

“She loved both her kids. She was a great mom, great person and she was just beginning her life with her family,” said Mary Svoboda, a friend of Thomas.

By Sunday afternoon, friends put up a memorial of balloons, candles and stuffed animals at the crash site.

Less than 24 hours ago it was the scene of an accident that destroyed an entire family.

“This car came out from nowhere. He was doing about 80-90 miles an hour and slammed into the side of her car,” said witness Cynthia Haynes.

Haynes was in the left lane. Thomas’ car was right next to her and both were heading east on Broadway when Thomas’ car was hit.

“It turned around in a few circles and came up on the curb and I seen the young, apparently it was her oldest son, I seen him fly out of the car, “Haynes said.

Haynes got out to help but there was nothing she could do. She did lead police to the man they were trying to stop.

“The guy who caused this accident, he took off running, staggering. I told them where he went. He went into the scrap yard over there,” said Haynes.

The State Patrol said the vehicle being pursued had been reported stolen and the chase had been going on for about a minute when the crash occurred.

Police say the vehicle Victor was driving was far ahead of the state trooper when it hit Thomas and her children.

Victor eventually fled on foot, but was caught after a brief search.

“I’m mad at the person that hit and killed her, because there’s no reason for it, whatsoever,” Svoboda said. “He needs to know he took her life and cut her life so short, and left everyone else sad and upset about this.”

“I just talked to her hours ago, I just talked to her last night,” said friend Tanaya Adams.

Adams could not believe the news. She had to come to the scene of the accident to see for herself.

Thomas’ cousin Patty Sherburne said Andre was a gentle soul.

“He was sweet, very sweet but quiet,” said Sherburne, who had not yet met AJ. They were to meet Christmas Eve at Sherburne’s home where the family always gathered.

Roeske said a blood sample was taken from Victor on the scene, but the results are still being processed. However, it is believed he was driving impaired.

Victor had minor injuries and was taken to Hennepin County Jail, where he is currently in custody. He has a number of prior offenses in Hennepin and Ramsey counties, including assault, theft and burglary.

WCCO-TV’s Reg Chapman Reports

Comments

1. OMG says:

** Prayers for the family who lost soo much**

2. PatP says:

Indeed it is – ashes to ashes and toast to toast.
    Gas chamber though – no flopping around. That seems somewhat creepy

3. Shane G says:

So three people had to die because this person is so frickin greedy that they had to still this big chunk of metal with wheels. They are so lazy and don’t want to work to buy their own car. Then they have the nerve to run off. If I was a police officer, I’d just run him over on the street.

1. p says:

What do you mean they?

1. S says:

I am sure he meant people who would rather steal other peoples hard earned items. Really not the time to get politically correct, three people were killed tragically.

4. Very Sad says:

I’m sure that the Trooper involved is devastated. Troop just know that you were just doing your job and the crook is to blame. There will be those who are critical of police chases, and irresponsibly focus blame on the wrong target. We pay these police to to do the things and see the things we would rather not. Thanks for your service and I will keep you in my prayers as I do the victims that died. – -Very sad.

1. Denny says:

If the person would not have broken the law the trooper would not have attempted to stop him. If the person didnt decide to run from the trooper the Trooper would not have pursued and the crash would not have occcured. It is 100% the suspects fault. the trooper is in NO way to blame.

2. PezzedOff says:

So is mine EX-whatever. Difference is I want to ensure my family is always safe and this type of slimey scum is off the streets.
      The officer was doing his job, what 99.9% of us want and expect of him.
      Catch the scum and get them OFF the streets.
      Sadly this occured…very very sadly. But it at times does. Don’t blame the system – blame the trash that did it. Amen

3. RMC says:

Hey – un-called for. The story said the chase had been on only a minute. So basically, the cop just turned on his lights to pull the guy over and he sped off and hit somebody. So cops should just not pull anyone over for fear that they might speed off and kill someone? Less than a minute and the guy was way ahead of the cop. Not exactly a high-speed chase with the cop in close pursuit. Who is to say that the criminal wouldn’t have hit someone anyway driving impaired like that?

4. Frank says:

S’pose you’d simply rather let him get away with his crime. Maybe, we should eliminate the police as a law enforcement tool, and just let people do what they want. That way, police could not be responsible for harm that come to victims of crime. Criminals would be to blame, and there would be a lot more of them. This would quickly turn to a lawless society where criminals prey on people, because there’s no punishment, so no fear of getting caught.

5. Jacy says:

Wow your ignorant, the Trooper was doing his job. Its not his fault, he had no way of knowing what was going to happen, you call yourself an ex cop, i think you mean ex mall security, dont ever blame the officer when its the suspects clear and present fault, your a disgrace.

6. Tally2010 says:

Like the trooper knew this jerk was gonna take off and speed away the way he did….the person you should blame is the idiot who stole a car and fled from police, ran a stoplight, and killed 3 people, then again fled on foot and hid from the cops!!!!!

5. Tom says:

torture would be the best way..something out of the movie hostile..so he endures pain instead of having it end quickly

6. Icecold says:

Better way to torture would be to leave the person outside on a nice January night with just a light coat on.

7. EX-COP says:

Cops in Minnesota only care about their quotas and catching the bad guy at any cost. A familie’s life is not worth a stolen carI would grab my AK to protect my family than to depend on the inept cops in this state any day. Once more they prove my point.

1. Logical Thinker says:

Glad you are “ex-cop”. You aren’t needed on the street. Stay at home and grind your axe.

1. PezzedOff says:

He’s an “EX-COP” if you believe that Hiltler was a Jew.
        He made a typo – he meant EX-CON

2. Bruiser says:

You smokin’ crack right now EX-CON??? sounds like it

3. Mark Elder says:

Your an idiot,probably fired from the force!!,for being an idiot. But then you can’t help it..

4. Jannyb. says:

Then move! Heh, go to S. Central LA!!!! Enjoy yourself there!

5. getridofem says:

I can see why you are an ex-cop—if that is even true I am not so sure but you do not deserve to be a cop anywhere or at anytime—what a piece of garbage–

6. w says:

I am a real ex cop and in MN police don’t have quotas. its the law, NO QUOTAS.

7. CW says:

Really? Because in the agency that I work for CURRENTLY, we don’t have quotas. In fact, the Minnesota Supreme court ruled long ago that “quotas” are illegal in MN. Nice try though. And if a cop could foresee the end of a pursuit, by that logic, they could see the events preceeding it, and stop crime before it ever occured. Again, nice try. And I may be an inept MN cop, but I’ll bet that I can spell FAMILY’S LIFE correctly. I realize this happened in december, but your comment pissed me off enough to let you know how incorrect you are

8. Mahad Osman says:

three died no reason, very sad

9. dealwiththerealissue says:

the obvious problem here is meth.

1. BettyBoob says:

based on ????
      why isn’t the real problem simply the person. The individual person.

1. dealwiththerealissue says:

based on my experience.
        unfortunately, this isnt an isolated incident. people on meth crashing stolen cars happens unbelievably often, just do a google search if you want to see for yourself.

2. Abagail Virgin says:

hell, meth, acid, booze, all are “obvious” problems but until a tox report is in I sure wouldn’t jump to certainties.
      Can I take a shot at the SOB with the rest of you here?

1. p says:

Something tells me acid was not the problem. Just saying.

10. Shane G says:

@EX-COP AK’s are illegal, so you sound like a criminal too! If someone robs a bank and takes off, the police are not going to watch him leave with thousands of dollars. They are going to pursuit him. Sadly, this ended with tragedy. You got to understand that anybody would be able to do whatever they pleased if all it took was to outrun cops and the cops just sat back and watched out of fear of an accident.

11. EX-COP says:

Rufus onel victor

12. Bruiser says:

yep — you smokin’ junk as you type. What a foolish sounding moron

13. Linda says:

How very sad for this family, especially this time of year. Of course, the drunk driver is not hurt. Ex-cop obviously has a bad attitude because he couldn’t make it as one of our cities finest in uniform. Lucky for us.

14. Ben B. says:

EX-thing is in junior high Linda. Caught up in the system as they say. 19 and still remains in 8th grade so he’s having a hard time of it I imagine. Likely the next car jacker or auto theft trainee sadly

15. Maria says:

Beyond sad …. my heart goes out the the family of the 3 who are no longer with us.
    As far as the punk who did this to them – show NO mercy in any manner. Beginning now – it is time for Capital Punishment to rear it’s ugly head. Being “understanding” has netted us zero.

16. ldentz says:

ya but they still sit in jail for 20 yrs before

17. Adam D says:

Very sad story indeed. I hope this perp is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The Trooper did a fine job in his part to apprehend this criminal.

On another note, EX-COP is a moron, and obviously has no idea of what it means to be a police officer. I can also say with certainty that he has never been an officer of the law. AK’s are illegal, and probably has no idea what the acronym AK means.

1. JamieinMN says:

Agreed. And like I said below if it hadn’t had been that family, it would’ve been someone else. Regardless f they were in pursuit or not.

18. Alyssa says:

I’m disturbed that more people are not outraged that 3 people including two children died so that a loser who stole a car was caught! This is acceptable? This happens year after year and I am sickened to hear another story about innocent people losing there lives in this way. The officer was not chasing Ossama Bin Laden. Was this really justified people?

1. Ugh says:

How would the officer know if the guy only stole a car before the chase?? He could have killed someone and then stole the car… You don’t know the situation and it’s not about a stolen car the officer was trying to get a erratic driver off the road so he wouldn’t hurt others which he could have. If something happened to one of your family members would u not want the police to chase them and let them get away??? Probably not.

19. Billy says:

I agree with ex-cop.

“Doing their job? Killing a family just to get a car back? Yeah, good job trooper, you sure did your job. Give him a medal too for doing his job. Dont know about you, but my family is worth more that a stolen car.”

If I was that trooper chasing that stolen vehicle that was involved that crash killing that family I could never live with myself again.
    Good job trooper, I bet your very proud of yourself

1. MJ says:

The reason he was being pursued was that the vehicle was driving erratically, meaning he was probably impaired. So I suppose all of you who are blaming the trooper for pursuing the car would also blame him if the suspect wasn’t pursued and later crashed into someone else. What a bunch of jerks all of you are!!!

1. JamieinMN says:

Yup. They’re all hypocrites contradicting themselves. Ridonkulous.

2. Frank says:

Lucky for all of us then that you are not a trooper, but rather a loser.

20. Sparky says:

I agree! My friend told me about this as she was working right where this happened and said the helicopters and tons of cops were chasing him and looking for him on foot. This guy should be brutally killed as he took those lives.

21. JamieinMN says:

FYI, Cops DO NOT have quotas to meet. Anyone of you, including “EX-COP” (I highly doubt you are a former police officer) who think this are mis-informed. I feel horrible that these people were taken from their families, but regardless of police in pursuit, he would’ve taken somebody else’s life.

22. J.D. says:

You people are all ignorant idiots. Let’s blame the cop for doing his job, as opposed to the drunken criminal who decided to steal a car and run. Makes me weep for society. Weep. Hope you all never need help from the police, since you are basically calling them murderers. God help us.

23. cjane1953 says:

The State of Minnesota needs to enact state-wide pursuit legislation; otherwise, individual jurisdictions adopt some version of this senseless catch-at-any-cost policy. Once again, police have chased a stolen vehicle when the driver’s only known offense is driving this vehicle while committing other traffic infractions. And once again, innocent people have lost their lives.

When a cop stops a stolen vehicle and arrests the driver, the charge is likely to be Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle. That’s it! Unless police can prove it, the driver can’t even be charged with stealing the car. Yeah, the driver might get cited for the driving violations he committed prior to the stop, but they are usually dismissed in exchange for a guilty plea to the most serious offense.

These pursuit policies are insane, archaic and deadly.

How many more 12-year-old children and 3-month-old infants have to die before law enforcement gets the message?

24. billy says:

Very well said cjane1953

25. Dave says:

cjane1953: Doesn’t the deceased adult count?

26. JKB says:

My heartfelt sympathy to the victims family. Our laws HAVE to be changed period! What makes a vehicle so much more valuable than a human life? Couldnt the trooper have called ahead and had another squad watch for this stolen vehicle, instead of putting peoples lives in danger? THREE lives were snuffed out! This thief desserves all the punishment the justice system can hand out, be held responsible for all associated costs and the funerals. This is a travesty and my heart aches for the family.

27. Mark from mntaxwaste.com says:

This pile of cr@p will get nothing, max 15 years! My heart, soul, and prayers go out to this family.

28. Melissa Louise Kirby says:

3 innocent people died and people are pointing the finger at the cop!!!!??? wow! the cop was doing his job!!! what would you like to see done when criminals are running the streets????? instead of looking to blame somebody why dont you say a prayer for the family who just lost a mother and 2 children!!! shame on you!!!!!!

1. BeatnDowninMN says:

They love to point at the cop. Or the perp was a victim of ….. Or under the influence and hence not fully responsible.
      I got one comment . Start killing the rotten SOB’s.
      They will learn. Or die.
      I won’t

29. TinHL says:

When did AK’s become illegal?

1. Adam D says:

TinHL,

Because its classified as a Semiautomatic military-style assault weapon.

Please see, Minnesota statute 624.712 Subd. 7

30. Adam D says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the family who lost their loved ones.

I CANNOT believe some of you on here! Blaming the laws for trying to apprehend this criminal.

Think about this for a second, you and your family are sleeping at 2am, somebody breaks in, you call the police, the theif is rummaging in your living room, the police show up, scare the theif, he runs to your bedroom, he gets startled not knowing there were people in there and shoots your loved one. Would you blame the police for showing up??? HELL NO!!! You’d blame the DAMNED Criminal!! Police were just doing their job for christ sake!!

1. Ann says:

Adam I agree with you 100%. There are some ppl out there who thinks it is the laws fault only because they themselves have had a bad run-in with the law. So they automatically want to put the blame where it should not be.

31. mwern says:

How can some of you people sit there and justify blaming the Cop for this tragedy??? It is 100% the flippen LOSER’S fault. Everyone is so quick to want to pin this on to somebody that they lose sight of the fact that the Officer was doing what he was paid to do.
    I’m sure when he turned on his lights and sirens he knew that an innocent Family would be killed.
    Let the blame lie where it should and I’m sure the poor Officer is way more devasted by this tragedy than the A-Hole that did this!!!!!

32. Ann says:

Yes this is a very sad story. But if you read this story (or watched the clip) you would then understand that the cop ONLY went after this criminal when he saw the driver driving erractily. He did not pursue him before that. You cannot put this blame on the officer. It was only after the ONE MINUTE pursuit started did they realize that the car was stolen. Three innocent ppl lost thier lives due to this criminal driving erratically and fleeing an officer. This accident is in no way shape or form the police officers fault.

33. Rhonda says:

The Police in Minneapolis have had way too many incidents like this one, maybe they should get a new police chief or something, I don’t know.

I do know one thing, I know the police have to be re-trained.

How many times have the police killed with a tazer-gun, plenty.

The police in Minnesota are COWARDS, sissy cowards.

1. Mark Elder says:

Then move to panseyville and live in your unrealistic world

2. Tally2010 says:

Lets see what you have to say when they dont come to your rescue!

What did the cop do in this situation that was uncalled for?

34. ItsFundamental says:

“The state patrol said the vehicle being pursued had been reported stolen and the chase had been going on for about a minute when the crash occurred.

“Police say the suspect vehicle was far ahead of the state trooper when it hit Thomas and her children.”

Work on your reading skills, people. Blaming the cop for this is idiotic.

35. another George says:

We can argue the pros and cons of police chases until we’re blue in the faces.

The viewpoint that I would respect is that of the victim’s family and friends.

36. feed up says:

I usually don’t comment on sites like this, but reading the comments made here by some have me feed up. The comments made by the people on here blaming the State Trooper tell such a sad story about the state of today’s society.

Where has our society fallen to place blame on anyone other the criminal that ran from the officer? This criminal made the choice to run, he made the choice to be driving a stolen vehicle, and more than likely under the influence of something. How is any of this the troopers fault?

Some say that police should not chase, do you really even see this as an option? So lets say all police chases are out-lawed…do you think anyone will stop for the police then? Our streets would turn into a free for all, because everyone would know that the police can’t chase me, so why would I stop when an officer tries to pull me over for speeding? How many more innocent families will be killed by all the drunk drivers that wont be taken off the roads, simply because they don’t have to stop when an officer attempts to pull them over. There would be no way to prosecute these people because even with a license plate, you still have to prove who is driving the vehicle at the time of the offense, it simply is not an option, and why instead do we not focus our anger at the criminals that bring this on society. There is a simple truth here, the criminals are to blame, plain and simple.

And as a side note, AK-47’s are legal to own with the right permits in Minnesota.

37. billy says:

feed up, i think you meant fed up

Time to go eat now.

38. feed up says:

I totally agree Rhonda

39. Janet says:

My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends who lost their loves ones because a person decided to steal a car and drive while impaired. so sad. There are a lot of drivers out there who do not think before they drive The patrol was
    only doing his job. If they did nothing people would complain.

40. Janet Bowman says:

We need the death penalty with no appeals in cases like this. We need gallows right outside the court houses like in the old days! DNA matches, hang them at sunrise!

41. Minnesota says:

time for some old fashioned justice!! string em up high!! maybe then the other’ like them will have something to FEAR when they consider stupid activity’s of their own

1. Adolf N says:

I fully agree Sir. However, with the Liberal Elite running this City and State it will never happen.

42. mary says:

I blame the trooper he should of called ahead to get him stoped but insted amanda and her boys lives where cut short i knew her since she was a little girl she loved life and she was a loveing mom i will very much miss her and the two boys

1. John says:

Another person living in lala land. Calling ahead would have only caused more people to be run over or hit on minneapolis residential streets…please stop living in lala land and telling us how to do our jobs

43. just wondering says:

Terrible tragedy…. but just saying, why weren’t these kids home in bed?

1. Ben B. says:

Well – it was a weekend. We have been “guilty” of having our kids out a couple of times over the years too visiting friends or family. The youngest here most likely asleep and the 12 year old likely was thrilled to “be up late”
      Maybe I am wondering why you even asked this?

44. denkster says:

He looks so smug in the mug shot……want to wipe that look off his face……String him up…….

45. Keith J. says:

All I have to say is I hate this piece of filth. Hope he enjoys his stay in Hell.

46. sue says:

For all you people who want to blame a police officer, it is totally unbelievable. They are brave men and women who are there to serve and protect and do just that 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. Because a low life slime runs and breaks the law, you choose to blame the person who is upholding the law. Obv iously , all you people have a few morals messed up. This officer most likely feels awful about what happened, but if you want people to be able to get away with crime just by running away, there will be so much crime and unlawlessness that it will be unbelievable and then lets hear you all cry about how the officers are not doing their job.sue

47. Still Hurting says:

I am thinking of the victims today …this includes all of the family….I lost my father 22 years ago same exact location same situation (stolen car & high speed chase). I still hurt today over the loss of my father. No one should have to deal with this — NO ONE!

48. P says:

Lynch? I realize you can say what ever you want on a message board but that’s kinda uncool.

1. Krissy1 says:

I am deeply saddened to hear that 3 of my neighbors were killed due to a criminals actions! The fact is this crimnal killed 3 people! This criminal caused this to happen. No one else. I wish to express my sympathies and prayers to the surviving family.

2. BB says:

Agree with P.
      Try burn the bastid

49. Emily says:

I was listening to my police scanner when this pursuit started…and ended. I couldn’t sleep not knowing what happened, and was praying for the best of outcomes. When I woke up this morning and checked the news, my worst fears turned into reality. My prayers go out to all involved in this horrible tragedy.

50. Alex V says:

Police should not give chase unless someone’s life is in immediate danger, period. No car is worth a life, much less three. I hope the MN state patrol and the officer involved are sued for a lot of money for this, and the officer never works in law enforcement again.

1. John says:

Patrol Car: take down lights on…pretty much normal drunk driving pull over…car takes off at high rate of speed…trooper backs off? What part of story do you not understand? Drunk drivers are a threat to everyone on the road, but obviously you, yourself being one, do not think it’s a danger to anyone.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family…this is about remembering their lives, and pursuing charges against the killer.

2. Tally2010 says:

get a clue!!!!

51. Poca says:

This man was completyly out of his mind when 1- he stole the car, 2-running from the police,3- hitting a vehicle with 3 innocent people including two children inside. Since these homicides were done in the commission of a felony he should spend the rest of his LIFE thinking about the many many lifes he has affected for the rest of their lives for 10 more minutes of freedom for his own.

52. MC Hammer says:

Give him the chair!!!!!!!!!!! Its time this state Starts lighten up murders!!!!!!!! Its time to bring out old sparkey!!!!!!!!!

53. Ugh says:

I feel sorry for the family. I think the people who have problems with an officer doing their jobs are nuts. The chase lasted a minute at most and the cop had already backed off before the accident happened. The criminal is fully responsible for this. Everyone that’s saying the guy should not have been persued have serious problems with the law. What if this guy had just murdered your family and the police decided not to stop him from driving erratically then u would be complaining about how they didn’t try to stop him. If u blame the trooper than why don’t u blame the woman for having her kids out at 1230 at night? Why because the only person to blame is the piece of trash criminal!! It’s an unfortunate thing to happen for sure but people should not lay the blame on someone who was trying to protect our communities and lays their life on the line everyday.

54. JC says:

Please station a police car at Broadway and Washington. It would help prevent crime in that area. I would not mind my tax dollar being spent that way. Especially if it could prevent accidents and crime in this area. I think about all of my loved ones who use this exit off of 94. My support goes out to Amandas family.

55. fingerMCsniffy says:

Here’s a thought. Why don’t you all shut up? You’re making my ears hurt.

56. Adolf N. says:

The real problem here besides the obvious one, Convict still running the streets, is that there is simply too much money to be made by allowing these Untermensch to exist. People like Rufus justify the police jobs, the jailer jobs, the Lawyer jobs, the Judges’ jobs, the Psychologists’ jobs, the Social Services personell’s jobs and even worse, the Undertakers’ jobs.
    Execute the criminal and you’ve dried up the food chain for the “Professionals.”
    Get it? I didn’ think you would!

1. Dearth says:

True………..and Gov. Tim “Leisure Suit Liberal” Pawlenty hasn’t done much to crack down on this type of stuff. In fact, he thinks it’s ok to “Let ’em go!”
      He does a real “conservative/tough on crime” song and dance but he’s just the same as the rest of the characters!

57. Cher says:

This is so very sad. My thoughts and prayer go out to the family of the deceased.
    I hope this young punk will serve time for this. But probably not. He is a repeat offender from reading this story.

58. Antwain says:

this kid was like a brother to me he was the one to hang out with at school in 8 hour he alwas wanted to know what i was doing i am gonna miss him r.i.p man we love u and you will not ever be fogotten

59. you have no idea says:

None of you have any clue about any of this. None of you were there. None of your opinons matter in the slightest. You sit and read the story not knowing any facts other than the few that the cops let you know. And you don’t care to here anyones view but your own that you came up with after reading a few paragraphs on this website. Work in the real world where you see this stuff and deal with it on a daily basis, where seeing a dead kid happens far too often, where people rely on you showing up to help, and the same people get mad when they don’t get what they want, their way right away. For the people blaming the cop you are fools, for the people saying they hope that the cops don’t help them when they are in need you are also a fools, the cops go to work knowing they might put their lifes on the line for a person who would spit at them for being a cop. If you weren’t there don’t assume anything. The only thing I can say is that you should think of the family, the freinds, the police, the firefighters,the medics, the er staff, the troopers and everyone else involved and think about the loss the grief, the work, and sorrow they all feel and thank god that these people are there for you.

1. Krissy1 says:

Right on! I totally agree.

1. you have no idea says:

and your a liberal, non-tax paying criminal more than likely but lets be nice and call you a non-contributing member of socity

2. Dearth says:

No. You are a Liberal! Why? Because you voted for Tim “Let ’em go” Pawlenty.
        And I suppose you support yourself by feeding on the public’s trough. Get a haircut and get a job.

2. Dearth says:

Thanks for the debate! I’ve got to go to work. You WIN!

60. Emily says:

Since I heard the entire chase in real time, I can vouch that the lead police officer did everything in his power to conduct himself in a professional way. Don’t blame him for this tragedy! Blame the stupid idiot who should have to pay a heavy price for his actions. Praying for all involved…

61. BostonBob says:

The fricken murderer is still alive? Take care of business someone and eliminate the trash. I have loads of matches. And a Zippo when all else fails.
    Burn him

1. Frosty says:

I agree! But why waste matches? Just stick him downtown on a stick and let him freeze!

1. Bruiser says:

LMAO — you have the WINNER !
        I wonder how hard a time we’d have getting him out from under police protection?! My bet is they’d love to say have him but ….. they also have a duty to protect the scum until we get a Needle Doctor and ol’ Toasty out of storage.
        Change the capital punishment law folks, insist on it

2. you have no idea says:

and your a liberal ,non tax paying, criminal most likely but hey lets not be mean we will just call you a non-contributing member of socity

3. you have no idea says:

sorry that doesn’t belong here it belongs to dearths comment

62. Paul says:

What an animal. I am sick of this this liberal state that allows someone like him to flouish and live among the good people of this state.. Is he from here anyways? What a beautiful family. How sad. God bless them.

63. BP says:

Cops do not initiate pursuits, they initiate traffic stops. The suspect decides to start a pursuit, not the COPS!!

64. mary says:

Ok so the trooper was doing his job amanda and the boys lost there lives due to this person that hit her car and ran im very upset about how this took place minnesota needs to get this trash off the streets i hope he pays for all 3 deaths and never sees day light agin amanda was a only child my prays to you linda

65. SH says:

The sister of the suspect praises her brother on Star Tribune’s website and says this was not suppose to happen….um you think??!! You’re brother, who is disgrace to the human race, drove a stolen car, for God knows how many times based on his criminal record, and slammed it into an innocent family because he was worried about going back to jail if he got caught. “He had dreams of becoming a photographer”, the sister also says. Nobody gives a shit about what your brother wanted to become. He deserves to be put in prison for a long time and when he gets out hopefully he’ll get hit by a car that some other asshole is driving, trying to escape from the police.

66. antwain westbrook says:

if any family is lookin at this of andre some kids want to know when is the feunral will be at we want to see him one last time my number is 612 282 8688 please give us some information please

67. red says:

gag me- the suspects sister is praising him? I want to vomit. A loser to to the core who is now going to be charged with triple homicide. lock him up forever

68. Blue says:

First off, just wanted to say that i am sorry for the friends and family. Amanda worked where i do as a seasonal employee a couple of years back, and it is such a shame to hear that one persons horrible decision, could wipe out a whole family..

Secondly, to blame the cop is just stupid… the cop was 3 blocks behind him, so there is no way that he was being pushed to that speed, or pushed to run the light because of the cop being behind him..

thirdly, a semi-auto AK is not illegal. My hunting rifle is an SKS, which is baiscally an AK(same caliber rounds) is also on the states list of “assault rifles” (which means that they look scary).. It is not however an illegal gun. It seems that they have those definitions on the law books so that they can apparently add punishment for crimes committed in possesion of one. I think all gun crimes are serious, depending on the type of gun, so if they enforce the laws, they can leave the law abiding owners alone…. Fully auto AK-47’s require a special permit..

69. KYnative says:

40 years ago when police were allowed to do their jobs, this guy would have been killed in the pursuit (shot)! Now they get put on leave when they fire a gun! How ridiculous! They aren’t allowed to protect and serve thanks to the bleeding heart liberals who won’t let them do their job! They can babysit and watch. This guy will walk in a few years to do even more damage to society! We do need a death penalty but one that tries them and then executes them! Why waste money on such low lifes. That will never happen in MN though as we let the guilty serve very little time and if it’s a drunk driver there is barely a slap on the hand!

Very sad for this family though.

70. Dave says:

John Hoff, north Minneapolis activist taunts the victims family of this terrible tragedy. Read about it here:

71. BeatnDowninMN says:

It’s some heavy snow a comin’ …… chain him across 94 and lets solve the matter

72. mark from mntaxwaste.com says:

This clown needs a bullet to the head, he is a slime ball that MURDERED a family

73. love and light says:

Its sad reading all this-now I know why I don’t ever watch the news! My daughter went to school with Andre-sweet kid!

I am just amazed at the level of anger from everyone. I hope my family isn’t ever the ones that accidently cut you off in traffic or look at you wrong in the store–because a lot of you sound like you would blow at any minute.

Don’t you get that anger and revenge and wanting to be right is the reason for all the wars and violence. Its scary how unforgiving and angry a lot of you are. Don’t you all get tired from all the anger consuming you all the time.

Holding all of you in love and light–in hopes to create a peaceful world for my kids!

74. John Hoff says:

In response to “Dave,” one of the names used by the anonymous Jordan Hawkman who is believed to be slumlord Paul Koenig,a man who has much to fear from a free press and an inquisitive blogosphere due to his “one man housing crisis” (as the Star Tribune put it)

Nobody mocked the victim of this tragedy. The “long as my arm” police record of Rufus Victor was compared with the relatively minor and traffic related record of the victim. Here is the original blog post.