Minn. Teen Pleads Not Guilty To Second Iowa Slaying

HUMBOLDT, Iowa (AP) — A Minnesota teen charged with killing two Iowa convenience store clerks has pleaded not guilty to charges in the slaying of the second clerk in Humboldt.

Online court records show 17-year-old Michael Swanson, of St. Louis Park, Minn., entered the plea on Dec. 23 in Humboldt County District Court. He had pleaded not guilty earlier this month to the slaying of a clerk in Algona.

Swanson is charged with first-degree murder and first-degree robbery in Kossuth and Humboldt counties in the Nov. 15 deaths of the store clerks. He will be tried as an adult.

Swanson is being held in the Kossuth County jail in Algona on $1 million bond.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

1. All says:

Hang him and that will get that smerk off his face!

2. Jon says:

No kidding…let the families of these two people do as they wish to him until the little bast@rd is dead!

3. Iowa Family says:

Just another mixed up teen ager 72 cent cure two bullets.

4. All says:

A men brother ! I hear you clucking

5. JamieinMN says:

Agreed! With all ya’ll.

6. happy says:

I think this poor misguided boy should do the right thing and end it all.

7. Pate says:

Doesn’t surprise me at all.That’s what all of these youthful killers plead.This kid reminds me of Jason Mac Laughlin to the hilt.He’s crazy and needs to be locked up forever.

8. Blow the Punk Up says:

I think the kid should end it all on a rope doing a kick dance myself. Never hated a punk and a face more than this puke. I’d gladly hang him myself to be honest

9. hbjon says:

Find out what his major malfunction is. Is there anyone else to blame in this horrific crime. Is there a nest of people like this in Minnetonka? Why did this really happen? Answer all the question then let justice run its course.

10. T Turner says:

Innocent until proven guilty.

11. Robert Langdale says:

Guilty till executed. The law of natural selection has failed us on this one. I’m sure at some point in his life he was saved from harm or death by someone where as years ago natural selection would have taken him out.Lets forgive but not forget until he is taken off this earth.

12. Justice says:

Lets not forgive! why would anyone even suggest it. I think that little punk would look very nice with his neck about six inch’s longer swinging at the end of a rope! I’ll gladly donate a rope if the state can’t afford one.