Man Stabbed In Neck Waiting For LRT

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A man was hospitalized after he was stabbed in the neck while waiting for a light rail train in Minneapolis Wednesday night.

The stabbing happened at around 11:25 p.m. at the Franklin Avenue platform. The 26-year-old man was able to call 911.

There was no train at the station at the time of the stabbing, though one was heading in. Two transit officers who were heading toward the station helped the victim out.

The Franklin Avenue station was closed for a short time so witnesses could be questioned, but it was up and running again by Thursday morning.

Metro Transit says a 17-year-old boy has been taken into custody in connection with the stabbing.

The platform does have surveillance cameras, so officers can review the tape from Wednesday evening.

The victim also sustained injuries to his hand. He is expected to be released from Hennepin County Medical Center sometime Thursday.

WCCO-TV’s Mike Binkley Reports

1. Sam I am. says:

Let me guess the bou was just turing his life around. And Mommy will view the video and say he was set up, the police forced my son to stab the person in the nect.

Get off the Jason Andersen story – good grief. Its gone all the way to the Supreme court and the Fong Lee family has not come out the winner. Case closed move on.

2. fam man says:

Scary, was this a random victem robbery? I think the light rail is great and do sometimes use it, but I sure dont want to get stabbed in the neck by a basehead kid…

3. Richard Ross says:

Sam I am….SEPLLING 101 might help you…

1. richard ross says:

and SEPLLING was on purpose….

4. mwern says:

I’m so sick of all of this violence! What the heck was a 17 yr. old even out that late to commit this senseless crime?
    A person can’t even enjoy the convenience of Public Transportation w/out fearing that they may be someone’s target.

5. insignificant says:

keep it up and soon everyone will have to go through the nuke scanners or /and get sexually molested(pat downs) just to ride a train…time for the end of bleeding heart liberal philosophies and hang this 17 year old animal in the street

6. Mike says:

Insignificant – you truly gave a wonderfully descriptive name for the comment you left. It’s people like you that should be hung in the street – closed minded jerk.

1. insignificant says:

the animal stabbed someone in the neck with a knife…get a clue

7. pam says:

I live near the lightrail station, and I choose to drive everywhere I go because having my attack on video provides me no comfort.
    Until we start charging criminals with their actual crimes, and stop
    plea bargining, crime will continue to pay.

8. anon says:

I actually know the guy that got stabbed. I really would like to know if this was random or if he did something stupid to cause it.

1. mwern says:

Something Stupid? How does that condone getting stabbed?