MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minneapolis fire officials said Tuesday the cause of a blaze that killed two women last month was accidental.
The Minneapolis Arson Unit determined the fire originated in a first-floor bedroom and was most likely started by a lighted candle. Firefighters were dispatched to the house Dec. 12. Three people were rescued from the roof of a porch. Another resident had escaped the fire and was found at a neighbor’s home.
Seventy-eight-year-old Mary Frances and 45-year-old Shelley Bryant died in the fire.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)