Sen. Klobuchar’s Taconite Tater Tot Hot Dish

Recipe from Sen. Amy Klobuchar

– Ground beef (1-1.5 lbs)

– Cream of mushroom (1 can)

– Cream of chicken (1 can)

– Onions (1 small)

– Garlic (couple cloves)

– Salt

– Pepper

– Pepper jack cheese, shredded (8-12 ounces)

– Tater tots (1 package)

Brown ground beef, drain off fat. Sautee onions and garlic.

In a large bowl, mix together beef, onions, garlic, both cans of soup, salt and pepper. Spread evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Cover with about ½ of the shredded cheese. Then, place tater tops in one layer over the entire pan.

Bake at 450 for 30 minutes, or until tater tots are crisp. Cover with remaining cheese and bake until cheese melts.

Comments

1. MJS says:

I’m happy to see a bi-partisan event with happy results! Now, let’s see if they can keep the cooperation going on the chamber floor!

2. Betty Kirby says:

I like the idea that they have benign little fun contests like MOST offices do…builds commoradarie and helps them to see each other as individuals that can work together for the best interest of the country. I am sure it’s like most companies /organizations where people bring a pot-luck item to share, and if it gets them working and eating together in meetings to help the government figure a way out of the mess we are all in, then eat up!

3. Diana Anderson says:

It looks & sounds very good, Amy! This is from a former Iron Ranger. I read your Father’s columns in the Mpls paper for years & shared them with people from up north..

4. marlysjoly says:

The MN delegation in Washington, D.C. had a hotdish get together today and several members shared their recipes. The one attached was the winning recipe.
    It looks like the cheese in the recipe makes it different from the usual.
    Mom

5. marlysjoly says:

Actually I intended to send this recipe in an e-mail to my son and wife.
    Marlys

6. Christina says:

This look really good! I can’t wait to try it out and add to my collection of recipes! Thank you.

7. Jennifer says:

There always has to be one jerk to mention their tax dollars….I bet your tons of fun at parties Joe. Thanks for ruining a completely benign moment.

8. Sue W-B says:

Try to understand, Joe – these people are not on duty every moment of the day and night. They get time off just like you and me. They also get to do some fun things just like you and me. Get off your high horse and get over yourself.

9. trainman says:

Joe:
    I see you commented at 3:40 p.m., can we assume you boss paid you to log on WCCO on company time.

10. Rose says:

Not sure if the Taconite part means anything from up North MN, but I went to grade school in Taconite MN on the iron range. I will try the recipe.

11. tommy852 says:

sounds good amy i wiil surely try it

12. Dan says:

Oh lighten up Joe.

13. BETTY TROUMBLY says:

I live in Taconite, MN -and this city would be proud to have a hot dish named after it. Right now we are called the “Hub” of the nation,

14. Scootergrrrl says:

This is the winner reciope? Come On! nothing in it but potatoes n cream of. Where’s the frozen mixed vegetables!?

15. DEBBIE says:

iT’S ABOUT TIME TO SEE OUR GOVERNMENT GET ALONG.TIRED OF HEARING PEOPLE WORRIED ABOUT THEIR TAX DOLLARS. THEY DON’T WORRY ABOUT THEIR TAXES WHEN THEY GO OUT TO DRINK FOR THE EVENING.WOULD TO HEAR MORE ABOUT RECEIPES FROM DIFFERENT SENATOR. THANK-YOU.

16. Diana Anderson says:

Scootergrrrl, it’s still good. I’ve had it with & without the veggies. This recipe sounds very tasty, with the cheese, garlic, 2 kinds of cream soup. It’s original.