Man Pinned Under Rail Car In Serious Condition

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A man who had both of his legs pinned under a railroad car in Willmar, Minn. is in serious condition at St. Cloud Hospital, doctors said.

Corey Kluver, 31, a Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) employee was injured in the rail yard accident Thursday morning.

Kluver was pinned under the grain car, which weighed more than 110 tons, for more than 2 hours until he could be freed.

Police, along with BNSF, are investigating how it happened. Police said they don’t suspect foul play.

Kluver, a Paynesville, Minn. resident was brought to the hospital’s trauma center by helicopter and is stable.

Comments

1. lebrok says:

Rail Transportation is dangerous and slow

alway ship by over the road truck

2. Ed says:

There should be a law banning trains in Minnesota.

3. Kate McNamara says:

Prayers going to Corey and Family. We are thinking of you.

Kate M. and Jarod Barry

4. JohnF says:

Lebrok and Ed – Check the stats on how many people are injured in rail accidents as compared to hiway accidents involving trucks. As to banning trains, Think of what having an extra couple thousand trucks on the roads every day would do for road maintenance and the cost of diesel fuel., let alone traffic.

1. Kate McNamara says:

Very well put, JohnF. Might I add those cars are carrying the coal that gives us electricty not to mention the Men and Women on the RR work hard for us everyday !.

5. Bob says:

2 hours under there and in the cold. I can’t imagine the pain.

6. Stacy says:

The railroad supports my family,very well I might add, and they are always preaching SAFETY! A rail yard is a dangerous place! The workers are given all the tools they need to to their jobs safely, but the deceisions they make are their one. In a moment of distraction accidents happen. To even suggest this country could run without the railroad is ridicous! My families thoughts are with Corey and his family. Be strong!

7. christine says:

I agree with Stacy and JohnF. As for the comment made by lebrok – how many accidents have been cause by trucks…even deaths. The media hardly reports them because they are so common unlike trains or railroad accidents. Do you research before making a comment like that. My thoughts and prayers go out to Corey and his family.

8. TS says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to Corey and his family.

9. Brandon M says:

My thoughts and prayers are with Cory and his family.

BM Moonen

10. I care says:

lebrok and ed…….a truck driver killed a friend of mine in high school (jack knife on mn hwy 65 in mn… 16 yr old girl). How many accidents do you see involving truckers?????? ALOT…. 100 times more than trains. To Corey I wish you a speedy recovery and pray for your health.

p.s. who stares out a window for that long? don’t you have betters things to do?

11. Truthteller says: