Car, Street Sweeper In Head-On Crash

FOREST LAKE, Minn. (WCCO) — A P.T. Cruiser and a street sweeper were involved in a head-on collision in Forest Lake early Thursday morning.

The crash happened along West Broadway Avenue near 232nd Street. The State Patrol was on scene trying to reconstruct the crash and figure out exactly what happened.

Both vehicles ended up in the ditch, and both drivers had to be cut out of their vehicles.

Both drivers were conscious, according to police, and were taken to be hospitalized. Both are expected to be alright.

Comments

1. DaveM says:

You have to be pretty blown away to hit a street sweeper with flashing strobes. Drink up!

1. gigi says:

i actually know of the guy involved and he was NOT drinking. Perhaps you should wait until they finish the investigation before you make assumptions. If you people ever get in a wreck I hope you are falsely accused of being “blown away” or “maniacs”

2. Mike Pearson says:

Couldn’t have said it better Dave.

3. Mike Hunt says:

I live in F.L. & the street sweeper driver is a maniac. So Dave & Mike, you two should’nt assume it was the mini van,s fault.

4. Chad Levercom says:

The driver of the sweeper is my nephue. There are several differant drivers so to say that the driver is a maniac is very narrow minded and spoken with out good information. I wish people would think befor posting things about people they know nothing about!!!

5. Tyler Cole says:

They said that the street sweeper crossed the median in a different story

6. Ed says:

Isn’t the speed limit on Broadway something like 30 mph?
    I’d like to know the details on this one if they needed the jaws of life to get the drivers out.
    I have seen the FL sweepers in action, it would be no surprise if it was the sweeper driving like he owned the road.

7. Mary says:

The driver of the PT Cruiser is my son. He was not drinking. He was on his way home from work. The street sweeper was in my son’s lane going the wrong way. My son was going the speed limit for the area he was in. Why do es a city have a street sweeper out at 3 a.m., in February, in the fog?

8. Liz and Anna says:

I knew the driver of the PT cruiser also. And he was for a fact sober. I don’t like people assuming they know it all when in fact they don’t. Why would they have a steer sweeper out at 3 in the morning? It makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

9. Jim M says: