Funeral Set For Mom, 2 Kids Killed In Minn. Crash

LITTLE FALLS, Minn. (AP) — A funeral is set for a woman and her two young daughters killed in a crash during a winter storm in central Minnesota.

Thirty-one-year-old Melissa Lorenz and her daughters — 10-year-old Angela and 7-year-old Desiree — died Monday night on Highway 27 just west of Little Falls.

Services will be next Monday at 10 a.m. at Living Hope Assembly of God Church in Little Falls. The wake is set for Sunday at the same church from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.

The Minnesota State Patrol says Lorenz’s sport utility vehicle was heading west on the two-lane highway when it crossed into oncoming traffic, striking an eastbound pickup truck head-on. Another pickup then hit both vehicles.

The girls’ father, Scott Lorenz, told the St. Cloud Times on Wednesday that he is still trying to come to terms with the loss.

Donations can be made to the “Lorenz Memorial Account” at any US Bank.

Comments

1. Buffee Gabrielson says:

what a terrible loss my heart goes out to the husband and father

2. dave olson says:

Damn winter is killing everyone

3. Jolene says:

wonder what could possess her to go out in that weather anyway,,,

1. eva muenker says:

Jolene, she had a child with special needs who was home from school an extra day because the school district was closed; she needed medication for her daughter; she was alo a single mom so nobody to stay home with her kids. Why dont you think before you make a judging comment like this. She wanted to help her child I am sure she did not plan to kill herself and her two daughters ! How dare of you !

4. claudia says:

This is so tragic. My sympathy to the family members.

5. Nancy says:

Jolene, if you read about this, she was out picking up a prescription. Obviously something that was necessary, and as a single parent, something you need to do…. That’s why they call these accidents… nothing she set out to do or plan…She was just trying to take care of her family… So shut up and keep your comments to yourself.. Prayers to all of the families and friends involved in this tragedy..

1. Katie says:

This isn’t the time to speculate on the “why” she was out with her daughters during that kind of bad weather. However, it is only human nature to wonder “why” so your harsh comment to Jolene was just as out of line. I think we all try to make sense out of a senseless occurence.

My heart goes out to the girls’ father and all other family members and friends.

2. eva muenker says:

Thank you Nancy !

6. Annie Malherek says:

my heart goes out to all of the loved ones involved in this loss- cant even imagine the pain you are going thru. Connect to anything or anyone positive to help you thru… God bless…

7. Chris says:

It is interesting to see how, when a tragic event happens, some people quickly move into blaming or finding fault, in order to avoid realizing that there really is no such thing as control or safety.

8. Bobbie Lewis says:

There is nothing I Can say, But thier a God’s who know everything, their no blam-ing anyone when tragic hit, just pray for that family,winter is winter.

9. Misty says:

So ssorry for your loss. Wull continue sending prayers and may you find comfort & peace during this difficult time in your life.

Hugs

10. Micki says:

I knew Missy years ago when she dated my brother. Missy and her daughters will be missed tremendously. My prayers go out to her and her family and friends!

11. Ashley says:

Jolene…. you obviously aren’t from Minnesota are you? Sometimes we don’t have the choice to stay off the roads. Life goes on no matter the weather, and the accident happened on her way home. I myself was on that very road and drove right past the accident but I am still here, that’s why they call it an ACCIDENT. She was living her life with her daughters and something terrible happened but you comment as if she was at fault. Have some compassion for others and quit being so self righteous as if you make the perfect decision in every situation in your life!

1. Aleksey says:

liikomtta on August 30, 2011 I like that I am a grateful person. I love being able to show my appreciation to others and count all of my blessings. I dont like taking things for granted, because life is so special and the people you love should feel they are loved.

12. Amanda Smith (Tremblay) says:

it will be 4 months tomorrow and it still feels like its not true. I would do anything to hear there voices again.. to hug them.. to tell them how much they meant to me. Our small family is very close and in a blink of an eye we lost almost half. Its not getting easier, so i wish people would stop saying its going to. God bless all those who are feeling even a bit of heartache that we are. to love people so much and to never be able to touch them again, to have to go sit at a cemetery to feel closer to them. i would never wish this on anyone