2 Escape Mobile Home Fire In Otsego

OTSEGO, Minn. (WCCO) — Two people inside a mobile home managed to escape unharmed after a fire began early Sunday morning.

The fire started around 8 a.m. at 14599 83rd St. NE in Otsego. The two residents were able to get out in time. A third resident was not home at the time.

Fire officials say they are still investigating the cause of the fire but the home is considered a complete loss.

No firefighters were injured.

Comments

1. captainobvious says:

Sad story you do everything right in life to be able to live in a beautiful camper and its all taken away

1. Billy says:

I would rather live in a camper and have it destroyed my a fire than a $200.000 dollar home.
      There is nothing wrong living in a mobile home, I live in one also.
      Living in a mobile home is the way to go these days.

1. sad but true says:

no il take my 125k house for $940 a month, with neighbors that actually work, because a decent trailer with lot rent is $750 hardly worth saving $200, and honestly its not the trailer thats the problem its the element that live in most parks..

2. james says:

trailers are ok.looked at acouple of them even tride to buy 1 could not get a trailer but was able to buy a 2300sqr foot hhome instead and the payments on the house are only 100 a month more and i have a lot more room and lot better and quiter area on a lake

3. Jon says:

Actually I know the people who suffered through this. They were a young couple who bought the place from his parents. They were saving to build a house when the mobile home burned to the ground, causing them to lose there entire savings as well. Try pulling your head out of your ass long enough to take a look around and realize the nature of the economy and how it affects young adults.

2. Tabitha says:

I want to let you all know that the MOBILE HOMES that are in Otsego are on the most beutiful lots. These homes are not in a trailer park as you call it. ANd how care if it is. isn’t it a great thing that people are able to have a home no matter if it is a million dallor or five hundred dallors. A home doesn’t make it a home it is the people that creat the love inside that structure that makes it a home..
    So, remember that and where all the problems come from in this world with that kind of thinking.

1. Michelle says:

Tabitha is right. I grew up in Otsego and most of the trailor homes are on 1 – 2.5 acre lots. There was no trailer park mentality or “element” that sad but true refers to. These days the trailer parks in my city are filled with people who forclosed on $300,000 plus homes. Does that make them have the “element” just because they live in a new place? People need to lose the stereotypes and look at individuals. I think it is sad that these people just lost their home and belongings and were lucky enough to escape unharmed. Have some compassion people!

3. Billy-Bob says:

Tabitha, If only you could spell, you might be able to get a better job so you could afford a nice double wide…….LOL

4. carrie says:

at least there all ok thats all that maders and tabitha you do have a good point

5. Billy-Bob says:

You must be as educated as Tabitha….

6. Not a Billy-Bob fan says:

Get off your high horse Billy-Bob….with the way the economy is today we should just be happy to have shelter…who gives a f@#$ what kind of structure people live in, regardless these people lost everything…oh and for the record, I am educated R.N. and I grew up in a mobile home in Otsego…save your stereotypical opinions for your arrogant yuppie friends…together you can put others down who are MUCH happier than you

7. Dont worry be happy says:

To God be the glory, what matters are the people, and they are safe.

8. Tabitha says:

Billy-Bob as his names states must be from a hole in the wall or raised in a none loving nonecaring home. I am sorry that some people do not live up to his high standers or we my have a few spelling errors. I am a college educated person. But, do not work in the field that I went to college for. I have choosen to work with special ed children and adults that do nto need to hear the word of old hillbilly Bob.. People are people no matter where they live or where theyu come from. And God made the choose where and what we have and what we can handle in life. So, wha that these people live in a trailer home in Ostego. At least they have a home unlike many husband, wives, and children have today. I consider them very worthy of my thought and prays as they go through this hard times. And Billy-Bob I hope your cardboard box doesn’t get to cold this evening. Coming from someone that has lived in a car, tent, and a trailer as a child. That now lives in a 300,000 plus home. And let me tell you my husband and I work our butts off everyday to have it. But, if i had a trailer home. I still would be blessed..

9. Tabitha says: