Woman, 58, Struck By School Bus In South Minneapolis

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 58-year-old woman is in the hospital after she was struck by a school bus in South Minneapolis Friday afternoon, according to police.

Sgt. Bill Palmer says police responded at 3:45 p.m. to the accident on Pillsbury Avenue and Lake Street. The woman was reportedly struck as the school bus was turning from Pillsbury to westbound Lake Street.

The woman was taken to the Hennepin County Medical Center for head and leg non-life threatening injuries.

There were students on the bus at the time of the accident.

The Traffic Division is investigating.

Comments

1. jello says:

no wonder i couldnt get pass there to get home -_-‘ what a pain

1. ahhmara says:

REALLY? Are you really that self-centered?????

2. gtV says:

Dave, you are full of beans!!! As a retired school bus for over two decades, there wasn’t a week that went by that I didn’t come close to hitting and running over a pedestrian who wasn’t paying attention to the traffic environs at hand! How anyone can not observe a 24-26,000# grwt yellow 40′ foot school bus nearby in their purview always astounded me as a driver.

In this case let’s wait for the initial police statement and findings before making inane stupid inappropriate remarks about school bus drivers. The way it sounds you must be one of those drivers who fly by a stop school bus under warning lights with kids in the street!!! Touche! Too bad I am not actively driving anymore, I would love to write a ‘stop-arm’ incident report on you.

Drive safely now. The accident you avoid or life you safe may be yours.

3. DvaN says:

gtV
    also as a school bus driver, I hate to say it but Dave may be right here. Other news reporters say or show pictures that it was a Minnehaha Transport bus, whose drivers give all of us a bad name. If you are a current twin cities driver you will know this because their drivers are subject of a lot of complaints. If you are driving another bus near them they will cut in front or steal the right of way in order to be first. Our dispatch center gets very frequent complaints about them from our drivers but dispatch says it has become useless for them to call over to MT’s dispatch center about the incidents. We’ll just have to wait for DOT to catch enough of them. I mean no ethnic slur to say Minnehaha Transport hires almost entirely hispanic drivers which may explain the Tiajuana style driving.

1. gtV says:

Thanks for the heads up. Come to think of it before I retired I was accosted by erratic driving by Minnehaha drivers but I shrugged it off because I had my responsibilities to worry about. However, this company’s ‘alleged’ erratic drivers will eventually get caught, I hope soon. Otherwise, the good drivers will have to suffer.

As a retired civilian driver now, Lord help any school bus who errantly or recklessly goes amiss in front of me. I’ll turn their gluteui maximi in to proper authority! If I was driving a bus I always expected someone to report me if I was unsafe.

4. jello says:

um guys, come on? why are we directing it at an immigrants OR minnhaha transport? THAT’S JUST PLAIN RACIST! EVERYONE, EVERYBODY OF DIFFERENT BACKGROUND DRIVES U KNOW? besides, peoples name are not release cuz of privacy and in- complete of something? NO ONE CAN BE PERFECT? U HEAR ABOUT CITY BUS ACCIDENTS, TRAIN ACCIDENTS, ETC ALL THE TIME? AND IT AINT NO IMMIGRANT MOST OF THE TIME EITHER? ACCIDENTS ARE PRONE TO HAPPEN. IF IT’S SOMEONE’S TIME, NO MATTER WHAT AND how CAREFUL U R, U WILL STILL CAUSE THE ACCIDENT. AND DAVE, U BETTER BE CAREFUL, U R ALREADY ON AIR WITH THE KDWB SITUATION, U DONT WANNA BE FOR THIS TOO, SERIOUSLY we should just let the police deal with the accident AT LEAST THE DRIVER DIDNT DRIVE OFF WITH THE WOMEN STUCK TO HIS WHEELS BLEEDING TO DEATH? OR JUST LEFT HER THERE U KNOW? HITTING A PERSON IS A MESS, TAKES A LOT OF COURAGE TO STAY BEHIND AND BE LOOKED AT AS A KILLER OR A WORTHLESS PERSON WHO DIDNT CARE U KNOW? HOW MANY HIT AND RUNS DO WE HEAR ABOUT ALL THE TIME? COUNTLESS -_-” JEEZ

5. Jhon crew says:

I could say this scool bus driver was exprienced driver,coz I wached the wide left turn and already ended to go through the way.if it is like that there is no way the woman can servive no way realy,so this bus driver did all he could do.and I hope the police will determind and see the situation