Prince’s Former 20-Acre Minn. Property In Foreclosure

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The foreclosure crisis hit so many people, now it’s even hit one of Minnesota’s most famous natives.

Prince is reportedly in foreclosure on 20 acres in Chanhassen, where he once lived.

The Carver County Sheriff’s Office says the singer owes $368,000 on the mortgage.

A home on the land was torn down a few years ago.

The sheriff’s office is set to auction off the property next month. But, a rep for Prince says payment on the land was made in full about four or five days ago.

Comments

1. Allan says:

Even Prince is a deadbeat.

2. reality check says:

Prince is some1, u are no1

1. Victim Du Jour says:

Maybe they can have a charity event at the next Carver County Fair truck and tractor pull. They can invite all the 40 and 50 year old women to shake their ga-dunka-dunk to 80’s music and raffle off prizes to help this Prince keep his farm.

3. Victim Du Jour says:

@Reality Check

Why would a Prince Own property in farmerville Chanhassen Minnesota?

1. chimp says:

Farmerville? Listen we know u live in a unsavory part of minneapolis as you’ve stated before. id rather in a pup tent on 20 acres in chanhassen than a 80 year old house in the hood.

2. Mikey says:

Because that’s where he grew up, genius.

4. ashley says:

He’s an icon in MN … ‘Victim Du Jour’ your name explains it all. I’m not going to waste my time.

1. Victim Du Jour says:

You Just wasted your time on me, I think you just want to have my baby and my attention.

5. Koko says:

That’s a beautiful area!

6. Give up Already says:

For those of you not familiar with Victim Du Jour, all you need to know is that whenever he/she has a post, it’s probably the least thought out post you will read that day

7. Victim Du Jour says:

Prince who? You are confusing me? A Minnesota Icon? Like the Paul Bunyan sculpture up North? Or the big floating Loon in Virginia?

8. Victim Du Jour says:

Is this Prince in Chanhassen a bigger Minneaota icon than the largest ball of twine?

1. Victim Ala Mode says:

2. captainobvious says:

Victim ur still the biggest ball of swine

9. Rich Man poor man says:

Hey Victim you could count for the rest of your life and still not reach the number equal to the amount of money that Prince has

10. Victim Du Jour says:

I’m not really saying the Prince does not have money, I am not sure who the Prince is and why would a Prince want a farm in Chanhassen?

If I was a Prince with Money, I’d buy property with an Ocean beach or at least next to a Lake.

11. don juan carlos says:

Prince is a musical genius, he plays every single instrument fluently

12. currywashington says:

Well..I am 54..but I would shake my ga-dunka-dunk like it was 1999!.Because it would be for Prince. So interesting that he obviously didn’t reallly have to save it really, or I wonder if he, like so many, allowed others to handle his buisness and they didn’t. In this economy, no one realized what a money maker his former home would have been as a tourist attraction? Can you say GRACELAND? This man has fans from around the world. Outdoor concerts could be held.there. Didn’t he say once that he missed drive-in movies? Hello SMART PEOPLE IN MINN….DON”T …CTHROW AWAY MONEY LIKE THIS!