The Nook Set To Reopen Next Week

ST. PAUL (WCCO) — The popular St. Paul bar and eatery Casper’s & Runyon’s Nook is reportedly aiming to reopen next week, after a fire forced the bar’s temporary closure.

Minneapolis Public Radio reports the owners are hoping to reopen on May 5.

An overheated cooler started the fire in the bar and restaurant last December.

The restaurant, located on Hamline Avenue, across the street from Cretin-Derham Hall High School, has been around since 1938.

Their specialty was the Juicy Nookie, a burger stuffed with cheese. The restaurant was even featured on the Food Network show, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

To see some of the other restaurants in the Twin Cities known for their Juicy Lucy burgers, click here.

Comments

1. Shannon says:

Yes! That is great news to hear!

1. steve lecher says:

i always thought the burgers where not that good. oh ya my dad was friends with your dad, so i think i should get my name scatched int the wall

1. the nook staff says:

steve ,dont ever come in the nook again.

2. Hmm says:

I ate there once after I saw the Food Network special. Nice atmosphere and good burger/fries. I’ll probably check out the new joint sometime. Was it remodeled at all? There was very little seating before and the wait was quite long which is the only reason I haven’t returned.

3. galt says:

What would Elvis have thought of the Nook burgers?

4. U NO WHO says:

wHO CARES, eLVIS WAS EITHER TO DRUNK OR STONED TO TELL. eVEN sTEVE KNOWS THAT!!!