Ariz. Sweat Lodge Trial Resumes After 2-Week Break

CAMP VERDE, Ariz. (AP) — A self-help author’s manslaughter trial resumes Thursday after a 2-week break.

James Arthur Ray has pleaded not guilty in the deaths of three people stemming from a sweat lodge ceremony he led near Sedona.

Prosecutors have about 10 witnesses to call before the defense presents its case.

Two of the participants in the October 2009 ceremony are scheduled to testify this week, Brandy Rainey and Mark Rock.

In police interviews, Rainey has said she believed the number of heated rocks brought inside the sweat lodge and a lack of air circulation caused participants to become ill.

Kirby Brown, James Shore and Liz Neuman lost consciousness and died.

A defense attorney’s out-of-town commitment led to the break in the trial that began in mid-February. It’s scheduled to end June 21.

Comments

1. Jane says:

Why is this not airing on cnn.con live streaming like before. I watched the whole trial until two week break. Help please

2. june says:

I’m very frustrated too! Cnn should not have committed if they weren’t going to follow through!

3. jenny says:

What happened to cnn live stream

4. Carolyn says:

I agree. and I can not find it live anywhere else. I am so dissappointed in insession and cnn/live

5. june says:

I contacted the technical folks, as it was presented, at cnn. They responded that the sweat lodge trial was not available at this time but would be soon. I guess we’ll see.

6. june says:

The trial was streamed by cnn part of the time the last couple of days, but not at all today….this just seems cruel to me.