Man Found Shot At Uptown Gas Station

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Police are looking into an overnight shooting overnight that happened in the Uptown neighborhood of Minneapolis.

The shooting happened at around 11 p.m. Sunday. Officers were callled to a SuperAmerica gas station on Lyndale Avenue South.

The victim was in the car with his girlfriend when the shooting happened; his girlfriend then drove the two to the gas station to get help.

Police said the victim was taken to the hospital and is in extremely critical condition.

Police haven’t made any arrests in the case.

There were also a number of shootings in downtown Minneapolis overnight, though officials don’t believe they were connected. On Monday morning, Sgt. William Palmer said crime is down 3 percent in Minneapolis.

Comments

1. scott says:

thank goodness we can all have our own guns……

1. A Pause for the COZ says:

Scott.
      Obviously you don’t really understand this issue. Over 90% of gun crime i.e ( shootings) occur by people who have been convicted of a previous felony.
      Did you know that it is already illegal for a felon to own a fire arm?
      Its not a gun issue at all. Its a failure of our Governments to hold people accountable for their actions. It amazes me every time I hear of a violent crime. It is reported that the perp has an extensive rap sheet and a history of violent crime.
      My response has been. How do these people get their 5th chance to finally kill some one?
      if I was a cop I would be pissed. Every day they put their lives on the line to catch they guy and our courts just let them out.

1. Shelleyjol says:

Well said, thank you. Northeast Minneapolis Crime Watch & Information.

2. JamieinMN says:

Because no matter what someone’s rap sheet says, if they want a gun, they will GET a gun. Regardless of how many DWI’s someone has, if they want to drive, without their license, intoxicated, THEY WILL DO IT! In order to stop this, we would have to keep all repeat offenders in the system and that is just simply too costly.

3. Wayne says:

Until God AND Government figures this out my P94DC will be ready!

1. Good Ol Boy says:

I have a P95DC in my collection. 1st handgun I ever owned.
          🙂

2. Vog Vee says:

One should never, EVER leave home unarmed, thats for sure.

3. input fromme says:

Murderapolis, what a wonderful place. Again where are our local leaders that have some influence on these people or can have them put away?

4. Iamagog says:

Why is it when someone tries to turn their life around at the 11th hour, they always get shot at 1030.

5. Jeff says:

The law abiding gun owners aren’t the ones killing people. Address the issue of accountability for ones actions and that starts with raising your children. Meanwhile I’ll be armed.

6. Tiredofignorance says:

People who own guns live in fear, what can a human do to me that God hasn’t allowed…

1. turdpump says:

Um my head hurts from reading that sentence…..

2. Jeff says:

I’m envious of you! It must be nice to not to be concerned about ones own safety. You must save a lot of money by not having insurance on your car, home, or yourself. You probably don’t wear a seat belt or look before crossing the street either…..

God is in my life everyday. He has given me the most beautiful family in the world. A family I will protect by what ever means necessary.

3. ThenGetEducated says:

Wait a minute…I’m not afraid…what do I have to fear when I have a .44?

4. Good Ol Boy says:

I have several guns, Shotguns, rifles, handguns. I don’t live in fear. So apparently you don’t know what you’re talking about, right? Right.

7. JamieinMN says:

Dammit, I want WCCO to add a like button! I agree, the LAW ABIDING gun owners are NOT the ones roaming the streets in the middle of the night killing people. It’s the gangsters, wanna-be thugs, etc. Easy solution….cut off their trigger finger.

8. Tiredofignorance says:

It should turdpump, who wants to live in fear? Fear is a powerful emotion and what you fear will come upon you…

9. Michael Clark says:

This station at 22nd & Lyndale has been a problem for a LONG time. There have been scores of complaints to SA Corporate but they do not seem to want to do anything about it, in spite of the bad press that has surrounded this particular station. I wonder what it will take for them to really clean the place up.

10. Tiredofignorance says:

Jeff how can you say Gods in your life everyday, yet you state you will be armed. How can you be walking with God and be armed? Doesn’t make sense! So if you kill someone, is it justified in Gods eyes? How does that make you better than a thug that shoots someone?

1. Sanity says:

Just because someone is armed does not mean they are out looking to harm someone. Most registered gun owners will never even draw their weapon in defense much less kill someone.

1. Ben says:

If God has a “MASTER PLAN”, and getting shot is part of that plan….who are we to mess with it?

11. justaxnspend says:

Thus the reason for my Carry Permit.
    How does that tune go…..”Me and my Glock”

12. tom says:

god doeant approve of guns. He didnt give u life just so u can kill his other creations. May they all rot in hell

1. Sanity says:

Where exactly does it say that within the bible?

13. jeff says:

If me rotting in hell is what it takes to protect my two beautiful daughters and wife then that’s where I will end up. However I believe in Gods forgiveness of my sins. I am at peace with myself and I love my fellow man.

1. Good Ol Boy says:

I’ve never in my life seen or heard of a CCW licensed gun owner killing anybody in cold blood.
      I’ve heard of a few unlicensed NON-CCW gun owners laying some lead though. Have you?

14. kj says:

This is the SA where a manager a few years ago had gang ties. I only know because my cards were stolen and run up at the pumps there.

15. Johnson says:

Pro gun people are creepy, very similar in their distorted viewpoints with those wacky anti abortionists…

1. Sanity says:

I don’t consider myself pro gun .. I personally feel the majority of the population shouldn’t be allowed to own guns. Pro gun people bother me half as much as religious wackos who rewrite the bible for every argument.

2. Ben says:

@Johnson
      They’re typically the same people. Pro-gun…anti-abortion. So much for the sanctity of life…

3. Good Ol Boy says:

Define “pro gun.”

16. lynn says:

I think that these hoodlums bring down those who live in that neighborhood or frequent downtown resturants. There are those who care about their City. Where was Minneapolis Mounted Police, aren’t they down there to protect the citizens at Bar Close. Don’t get me wrong. I think they do a great job, Maybe Minneapolis needs more Horseman and have one on every corner. That’s a thought.

17. liamgilmorasy says:

There is a larger more comprehensive argument that is not being touched upon and that is the question of demographics.
    This is not to say that most crimes are represented by all sectors of our society but the matter of demographic statistics is not being touched upon.
    Each community, each collective aspect of our country has it’s own approach to dealing with it’s problems. Not that one approach is better than another. It is a question of cross cultural issues.
    Too often the argument of economics, education standards, population density are used as the only explanation to rising violent (for this is what concerns most of us) crime. There are other components that we are not allowed to discuss and that is factors involving social, ethnic and cultural evolution.
    At first glance this would seen to be a complex argument. But on closer inspection we are merely comparing social problem solving from larger collectives of differing social, ethnic and cultural groups. (i.e. How is the problem with food distribution different in two varying countries such as Japan after it’s earthquake and other parts of the world).
    Again this is an argument that we are not allowed to touch upon.
    Each demographic group has it’s own method for dealing with it’s social issues that have worked for it’s particular group. An example would be that in the hot, barren desert one can see how Islam and the concept of kingdoms makes sense. Not unlike the need of a caption his his ship.
    It is when two very different demographic groups are forced to live within the confines of either one or the other without a tacit agreement to the rule of law.
    I am not saying this is an argument to end all arguments but it should put to rest the idea that the majority of violent crime is committed by those who have less materially.
    Would anyone care to continue this particular argument?

18. mpls sux says:

More crime. So tired of all these whites causing trouble.