Bodies Of 2 Swimmers Recovered In Wis.

WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) — Wausau emergency crews have recovered the bodies of two men who jumped into the Wisconsin River to cool off.

Deputy Chief Bryan Hilts says the men jumped about 15 to 20 feet off a bridge, leaving behind shoes and other belongings.

Hilts tells the Wausau Daily Herald one of the men began to struggle in the water, and the other man swam over to help him. Both men disappeared under the water.

A female friend who witnessed the two men jump into the river told police the jump was planned.

Crews began searching for the men shortly before 4 p.m. Wednesday. Their bodies were recovered about two hours later.

The men have not been identified.

Comments

1. KL says:

Age? I would guess twenty something I bet, this is to sad what a waste!

2. Momma of 2 says:

KL –

Why would you guess twenty-something??

3. Reasoning and common sense intact says:

If a person has to ask why someone might assume the age here as twenty something, they themselves must be that or under.

1. Momma of 2 says:

Reasoning and common sense inteact –

Actually I am 32, but thanks for assuming you know everything!!! I was honestly wondering why KL is saying these men are in the twenties. Is he/she a physic??? I never said that was wrong, rather just wondering why that was said.

Way to bud into a conversation that didn’t even involve you though.

4. me says:

….And they could have hit rocks or something…

1. Les Johnson says:

It would seem that one of the men struggled and killed his friend during his panic in the water.

5. Momma of 2 says:

Reasibubg and common sense inteact –

Way to bud into a conversation that didn’t even involve you though.

6. KL says:

I have no idea I just think a 50/60/70/80 old wouldn’t do that only someome under 30 maybe 35 lets wait and see if I am physic or just plain wrong.

1. Les Johnson says:

It’s a very reasonable assumption. Demographics DO play a role in accidental deaths like this one.

7. Scott says:

Rivers are BAD!!! Why anyone swims in them is beyond me, hate rivers! Lost neighbors years ago i n St. Croix due to bad current, drop off, and that nasty body of water. Stick to pools.