Lynx Offer State Workers $5 Tickets

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Lynx are making an effort to help state workers laid off during the government shutdown.

The Lynx are offering displaced state employees $5 tickets to Saturday’s game against the Connecticut Sun.

State employees interested in attending the game must bring a state I.D. badge or 2011 pay stub to the Target Center box office to purchase their tickets.

Lynx Chief Operating Officer Conrad Smith says the team wants to provide an affordable entertainment option to those who are struggling with lost income during the shutdown.

The Lynx will head into the game with a 6-3 record, the best nine-game start in franchise history. Last week they beat Tulsa by 30 points.

Comments

1. factdealer says:

I can’t believe a ticket would cost more than $5 in the 1st place, tell you what give me $50 and il go on saturday.

1. Comeon says:

This.

I assumed tickets were only a couple bucks all the time, and I still didn’t go.

2. Drunken Dissed Orderly says:

Lindsay, will you go with me? Check yes or no.

xoxo

3. bob says:

Why? The state employees will get paid for thier vacation once the strike is over.

1. ME says:

@BOB NOT SO SMART ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DA

4. RW says:

A family member was layed off and told they get unemployment. Also, they had to turn in their badges, pretty hard to display that at the gate.

5. Norge says:

Well that helps me make up my mind of ever supporting this team! They should have been offering $5 tickets to taxpayers all these years….now they instead offer a break to the public-union-goons whom are the biggest problem in balancing the budget. Just figures, players-union supporting another union. Didn’t taxpayers have to help the Lynx get off the ground also??? So much for being an ethical and appreciative organization. BOYCOTT THE LYNX!! Until the taxpayers get in free!!

6. bud ha says:

norge, you are an idiot. come on, they are trying to find a way to fill seats, and get some good PR. geez, some of you need to get a life

7. Jim says:

I heard the Aquarium at the Mall is offering FREE Admission for state employees – $5 isn’t bad for a Lynx ticket, but I’d rather it be free.