Mediator Sets NFL Meeting On July 19

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The federal magistrate judge who is mediating the labor dispute between NFL owners and players has scheduled another session for July 19 in Minneapolis.

Judge Arthur J. Boylan set the meeting on Saturday, but made clear that both sides were free to continue their own sessions as they work toward a new collective bargaining agreement.

The principals in the fight over how to split up over $9 billion in revenue met all week in New York, but still have not reached a new deal as the lockout has dragged on for more than four months. Several teams have already canceled their traditional out-of-town portions of training camp and the Hall of Fame game between Chicago and St. Louis is less than a month away.

Comments

1. a lil input says:

I don’t feel bad one bit about this … 9 million dollars and you don’t know how to split it up … oh I don’t know, let’s see, the economy sucks right now and most of you all have made multi-millions for at least a few years now … tear. I saw you do something like – Help the economy, give back to the fans that have supported you by buying your tickets/jerseys/ect. Sell a few of your cars and down-size your mansions and you’ll have PLENTY back in your pockets. I was in the NFL world for awhile, dating one of the players–nope, don’t feel bad one bit. Be grateful you have what you do and stop asking for more. There’s a reason I’d rather work my 40+/hour a week career and be grateful for everything I’ve earned for myself and my family.

1. a lil MORE input says:

9 BILLION dollars…not 9 million dollars…..

1. a lil input says:

that was a typo on my part …

2. nathan says:

mediator sets ANOTHER nfl meeting thats just going to end without anything new.

3. just an Average Minnesotan says:

Gotta love their attitude. I WANT MORE. No, Wait— I WANT ALL OF IT.

And I’m talking about the players and the owners.

Their ‘fans’ are worrying whether or not they will have any spare money to even buy a ticket for a game. And these conceited idiots are arguing over how to split the money they get from the fans and television and so on…..

Well if they cant decide I would gladly take enough to pay off my house. They they could still argue over $8,900,000.

I really don’t care how they settle it because I don’t go to any NFL games. But if the dispute goes into the regular season and they disappoint the fans by missing a few games then I think the fans should repay in kind and not show up for a few games.

Just think about that. What if two NFL teams showed up for a game and the only people in the stands are the beer and hotdog vendors?

1. just sayin' says:

You mean the $8, 900, 000, 000….BIG difference between Millions and BILLIONS

4. Jr says:

Wonder what will end first the nfl lockout the nba lockout or the govt shutdown?
    A bunch of idiots all around.

5. NO MORE MONEY FOR THE BABIES!!!! says:

GIVE THEM MINIMUN WAGE!!!!! THEY WILL STILL PLAY STREET BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO FOOTBALL SO WE DO NOT NEED A BILLION DOLLAR STADIUM.. METRODOME HAS A NICE NEW ROOF!!! THEY CAN PLAY JUST FINE THERE!!!!

6. Jk says:

unions, what happen to I just want a living wage?