GOP Adviser Steps Back From Pawlenty Campaign Role

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A Republican businessman whose support was trumpeted by presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty two months ago is stepping away from a policy position within the campaign.

Indiana executive Al Hubbard won’t be chairman of Pawlenty’s national policy efforts as previously announced. Pawlenty spokesman Alex Conant said Wednesday that Hubbard “became busy with work and isn’t operating in that role.”

Hubbard was seen as a big get for Pawlenty in June because he led a White House economic panel during President George W. Bush’s administration and has close ties to Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels.

Hubbard also had a top job in the administration of President George H.W. Bush. He runs an Indianapolis-based acquisition company.

Conant says Pawlenty, a former Minnesota governor, is grateful that Hubbard gave him the maximum campaign contribution.

Comments

1. Fast Freddie says:

I can’t wait for Pawlenty to back away from his capaign role. Him and Norm Coleman should hook up and write a book or something

1. Go Away says:

Sorry but if they wrote a book this is one person that would not waste money on lies because that is all they have.

2. Bryson Powers says:

What a colossal ego Pawlenty has. I can’t imagine what it must be like to work for a delusional prima donna like that.

1. sean says:

I have worked for narccissistic bosses. It is nott fun

3. sam says:

I stepped back from Pawlenty back when Steve Slyvester and Pawlenty tried their urban renewal project up on 1st street in So. St. Paul. They tried to give me 2/3s of what I sold my house for.
    I took the money and moved west. (And yes there are guns in the back window of my pickup.)

4. sam says:

By the way, I got the full price for my house, and it is still standing. They would have tore it down.

5. Zed says:

“Hubbard was seen as a big get for Pawlenty in June because he led a White House economic panel during President George W. Bush’s administration .” Oh Yeah!! Ex Gov. Potholes “leadership” skills and George Dumbya style economics….last gasp for America, anyone?

6. Kieron says:

Hubbard “became busy with work and isn’t operating in that role.” uh-huhhh. This is what we call “polite fiction” which no one believes. Once again, just who is flogging this dying horse of a campaign? Someone wants this jack to be in the spotlight all the time.

7. Zing says:

I’ve been trying to tell you for the longest time little Timmy Two Face that you could not run with the rest of the pack. You don’t have the goods. You never did. You’re lucky you ever did better than ending up selling used cars. There’s still time for that and honestly it seems like it might just the thing for a smarmy little liar like yourself.

8. Tom says:

Calling a guy who was from Bush’s economic team a great catch. Good Grief! Far from it ! But not a huge surprise coming from Pawlenty.

9. I'm just sayin says:

so nice to log in here and see all the bright and positive comments from the left. It just warms my heart knowing that our former governor can bring out the absolute best in peoples public appearance and writing. What will these peoplel do when Michelle bachmann drops out, oh my. I think they will have to hire a constant editor to make sure all the cuss words are not printed.