Man Convicted In Punching Death Of Minneapolis Man

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – After a week-long trial, a Hennepin County jury took about five hours to convict a man accused of punching a Minneapolis man back in March of 2010 that ultimately led to his death.

Jonathan Rubio-Segura was convicted of second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter on Friday in the death of Anthony Gale. Rubio-Segura had been accused of punching and ultimately killing Anthony Gale in a March 26, 2010 incident that happened near Hennepin Avenue and 5th Street.

At the time of the incident, Rubio-Segura hit Gale, who had his hands in his pockets, without provocation. Gale fell backward and hit his head on the concrete. Rubio-Segura then punched him in the face again.

Gale died 12 days later from the head injury. Rubio-Segura will be sentenced the week of September 12.. The state’s sentencing guidelines call for a 150 month prison term.


One Comment

  1. Mike says:

    Am I reading it correctly “150 months prison term” for the sudden death victim from head injuries!

    1. Jury1 says:

      Yup. Between 10 – 12.5 years.

  2. Jury1 says:

    ….and more time for the manslaughter charge.

  3. Mike Tyson says:

    He sucker punches a guy who has his hands in his tough guy.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Good Question

Listen Live