Police: Cousin Sets Boy On Fire With Sanitizer, Lighter

AUSTIN, Minn. (WCCO) — A young boy from southern Minnesota is being treated for burns after being set on fire by a family member.

A mother took her 7-year-old son to the Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin Tuesday around 7:50 p.m. after he complained of burns on his back.

“The 7-year-old stated he was walking into the bathroom and the 14-year-old cousin followed him in there, placed hand sanitizer on his back and started him on fire with a blue lighter,” according to Austin Police Chief Brian Krueger.

NewsRadio 830 WCCO’s Samantha Smith Reports

Krueger said the Mower County Human Services and Austin Police Department continue to investigate.

“We are currently looking for the 14-year-old to get his version of this or look into possible charges depending on the full investigation,” said Krueger.

The extent and severity of the boy’s injuries have not been released.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Steven Lancer says:

    What a sick World we live in…Parent’s…teach…don’t expect the TV or Internet to do the job for you….

  2. THE BURNER says:

    Light him up and watch him burn like a human candle!!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Trees Of Hope
Good Question

Listen Live