Perry: Obama Overdue In Call For Assad To Quit
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
PEMBROKE, N.H. (AP) – Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry says President Obama’s call for the resignation of the Syrian president is long overdue.
The Texas governor says Syrian President Bashar Assad supports terrorist groups and has threatened the security of the Syrian people and the region. He says that every diplomatic option should be used to force Assad to step down.
Perry made the comments to construction workers Thursday afternoon during a campaign stop inside a New Hampshire business.
Obama as well as the leaders of Britain, France and Germany and the European Union demanded that Assad resign, saying his brutal suppression of his people had made him unfit to lead.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)