Man Critical After High-Speed Crash On Hwy. 169

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A man is in critical condition after a high-speed crash Thursday night on Highway 169.

It happened around 9:30 p.m. near 13th Ave. in the area around Plymouth and New Hope, Minn.

Police said the driver, 22-year-old Ivan Vezikov, was speeding, lost control and hit the guardrail.

Vezikov, from Apple Valley, was thrown from the car and into the center wall.

The crash is under investigation. The State Patrol said it is not known yet if alcohol played a role in the crash.

Comments

1. Jeff says:

Drive like an idiot, die like an idiot. Good riddance.

1. me says:

Not yet … but we may be lucky & Darwin may claim another one

2. Eye witness says:

I was on the highway at that time and I got off the highway before the crash. he passed me , He must have been doing 90 at least .

1. diane says:

you were lucky to get off when you did. A lot of times those drivers who disregard the rules don’t just do damage to themselves but take a few with them. It is happening way too often. It scares me to drive to work and back each day.

3. aucucuxi says:

Попробуем выясним тем, что Вы сегодня готовили или просто ели, а готовил кто-то другой на полдник. Как Вам больше нравится. А остальные будут читать и облизываться. Можно и рецепты давать, если хотите.

1. Comrade says:

Exactly, what he said

1. as always says:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way Eye witness, 90 can be normal on some interstates through the country.

4. salvage title says:

He was probably driving a salvage titled Audi or BMW that was bought cheap and didn’t repair it properly…Darwin and JB Weld strike again.

5. THIS CAN'T BE NECESSARY says:

WHY WERE THE POLICE CHASING THIS MAN IN THE FIRST PLACE? WAS IT FOR A REASON WORTHY OF PUTTING EVERYONE ELSE ON THE HIGHWAY, IN THEIR PATH, IN DANGER ? WHEN ARE THE POLICE GOING TO STOP THESE FATAL OR NEAR FATAL HIGH SPEED CHASES THAT ALSO ALL TOO OFTEN KILL OR SEVERLY INJURE INNOCENT BY-STANDERS? THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!

1. Sara says:

Where does it say the police were chasing him? It doesn’t. He was driving too fast and simply lost control. Read the story before you post comments that have nothing to do with what actually happened.

2. red says:

that is right- the police WERE NOT chasing this idiot driver. He CHOSE to drive like maniac and probably end life

3. Mr D says:

RIF.
      Reading
      Is
      Fundamental.

6. Student says:

Exchange student?

7. Julie K says:

What is wrong with all of you?! I am sure you may have made a poor choice at some point when you were young; this boy is someone’s son. Have a little decency.

1. BE says:

This is what MN court records say:

12/12/2008 – Riot-3rd Degree-Unlawful Force or Violence
      04/20/2009 – SPEED-INATTENTIVE DRIVING/BASIC SPEED/ROAD CONDITIONS
      01/25/2011 – INS-NO INSURANCE -UNINSURED VEHICLE-DRIVER VIOLATION
      03/24/2011 – SPEED-FASTER THAN REASONABLE AND PRUDENT(169-14-2-A)
      05/12/2011 – INS-FAIL TO PRODUCE PROOF OF INSURANCE

This is a public info available on court web site; Sure there is more – not publicly available (due to age, probations …);
      Suspended license; At least two reckless drivings; Highway 169, over 100mph …

“Happy he did not take someone else’s life with him”

8. StraycatStrut says:

Live like an idiot….. die like an idiot. Happy he did not take someone else’s life with him. Hey…. could be a blessing in disguise for him to leave planet earth now rather then later taking someone with him. Bummer for his family.

9. Anton Vezikov says:

An idiot to you… Is a very loved brother to me. I’m his oldest brother. My brother has definately made some really bad choices in his life, and this was obviously one of them. But after all your judging is done. Remember we all have made really bad choices that were selfish and harmed other people. By Gods grace and mercy he gave my brother another chance at life. A chance he doesn’t deserve but a chance my family thanks God for continually. And we pray for a full recovery. The funny thing is that in life the people that judge others the most usually have areas in their lives where they’re not doing so well themselves. So i just hope that we all take the right lessons from this. That our lives are incredibly fragile. And we can die at anytime especially if we do foolish things. And then its time to face God in judgement. Are you ready for that? God word says that we have all sinned and fall short of Gods Glory. And we deserve to be put in hell because of our guilt before God to which our conscience bears witness. But Jesus took our sin upon the cross and died for it. So that if we believe and trust in Him, and turn away from our sin, we receive His forgiveness and His right standing with God. And we recieve everlasting life. We will die an earthly death, but only to go be with God forever. My brother got another chance because of Gods great mercy, but it will be our turn to die sooner or later. So my point is focus on more important things in life than talking smack about other people. Thanks, and may God bless you all.

1. concerned citizen says:

I am glad to see that your brother was give a 2nd chance but I do have to say I hope he learns a lesson from this, he could have killed some else…

2. Shelly says:

Anton,
      I am sorry about your brother and what your family is going through. With this said, God helps those who help themselves. Obviously your brother has been in trouble with the law many times and my question to you is this: Why did YOU stand by and let your brother break the law? Did you not intervene and suggest counseling, driving him to places he needed to go, making sure he had insurance and/or stayed out of trouble?? What if he had killed someone else with his disregard for life and the law? Where is his personal responsibility? Once he has recovered he should spend time in jail and contemplate his actions or lack of. I pray that he will recover for the sake of your family.

10. Julie K says:

I am sorry for your family. Please do not let the comments made by such ignorant jerks get you down during this difficult time.

11. dannyd says:

OMG Shelly, I’m sure he is not his brothers chaperone. I also regret some of my actions over the years, however that does not make me a bad person. All those who have condemned this guy, cclearly have lived pious lives and will continue to do so, congratulations.

12. Mr D says:

Looks like Karma and Darwin are working together.

13. Ivan Vezikov says:

Извините за то, что все такого идиота. Я надеюсь, вы простите мой глупый способами.

14. Pineapple says:

I passed the accident and when I got home today I had to look online and see if the man I saw being attended to was OK. I have been praying for him and am glad to hear he is alive. I will continue to pray for his recovery. Regardless of mistakes made he is still a man and with life there is always hope for a better future. Good luck and God bless.