Trooper Who Shot, Killed Motorist Identified

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The officer involved in the fatal shooting on Saturday has been identified.

Authorities say David Kalinoff, a 12-year veteran of the Minnesota State Patrol, was the one who fired his weapon and killed 48-year-old Debra Doree of Landfall, Minn.

Police say Kalinoff pulled Doree over for a routine equipment failure traffic stop on Saturday and noticed what appeared to be drugs in her car.

When Kalinoff leaned through her passenger window, Doree accelerated the vehicle and dragged the officer for more than 200 feet before he was able to fire his weapon.

Doree died from her injuries.

The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating. Kalinoff is on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure.

Comments

1. rayjay says:

How Stupid!!!!!

1. TL says:

Why are completely moronic idiots allowed to post when they have no clue about anything…..law enforcement-wise anyways???

Unfortunately he isnt alone…………..

2. Community Organizer says:

Even worse than having to read your stupidity is knowing that you thought you were smart after you wrote.

1. wes says:

You are not a Community Organizer, you are a COMMUNITY PROBLEM.

1. Community Organizer says:

Typical moron response. Sorry “Wes” but the people have spoken, at least here anyways, and it’s pretty clear that we all think you are really dumb. I give out awards to the inept folks like you, and not everyone is “special” enough to receive this so take pride my man, it’s a VERY thoughtful prayer I’ll say for you tonight while sleeping peacfully knowing there is one less POS off the streets and another bag of BS also off the streets. Here is your award: “I hope to God that if you are a professional of any capacity it does not involve reading/thinking/and making decisions because you are obviously an idiot. Amen.”

1. wes says:

I disagree. You are in the minority, therefore you feel the need to prey on the weak minded and attempt them to think like you. You are also a bag of wind who needs to get a job and life so you can stop living off of my tax money. You are an angry child and by your posts a complete loser. The people have spoken LOL. It is you posting a bunch of stuff under different names.

1. Community Organizer says:

Try again Wes. You just cant help but show how dumb you are can you. First it might just be in the name, cause there was a “Wes Smooth,” who was clearly an idiot that kicked this whole thing off, and whom I replied to, along with many others who clearly supported or related to my oppinion. Second, there was a “Wes” who replied to “Wes Smooth” and attacked him using very similiar wording, particularly the “bag of wind” mentioning. Which brings me to my third observation. You read my handle and unlike anyone else who has a brain really thought I was saying I was a “Community Organizer,” which is awesome, cause it made you attack me and try to brand me as a societal sponge. Further, you might want to figure out how these message boards work. My first response was a reply to what “Wes Smooth” said it’s obvious if you can follow a sequence. And I might be giving you more credit than you deserve but quit trying to get information about me by saying I dont have a job and that I’m a kid, and all that other cliche garbage. So yeah, I do have a career, but my second one should be helping you navigate critical thought. You sure are stupid. And if you arent “Wes Smooth” than that makes three award winners in one day. You guys are coming out of the woodwork. At one point it may have even appeared as if we were on the same side, but you just could not keep your mouth shut. So to whoever you are it is with great honor that I offer you this VERY thoughtful prayer: “I hope to God that if you are a professional of any capacity it does not involve reading/thinking/and making decisions because you are obviously an idiot. Amen.” Sleep tight and dont forget your helmet.

2. Sergio says:

C.O. You are just angry because you can’t buy drugs anymore.

1. Community Organizer says:

And another idiot steps up to the plate. Hey, moron/Sergio, my posts clearly state that I am anti-drugs. You are the second award winner of this thread- “I hope to God that if you are a professional of any capacity it does not involve reading/thinking/and making decisions because you are obviously an idiot.” Thanks for playin Surge.

3. Karyn says:

Are you always this ridiculous? So he shoots her tires-a dangerous maneuver you see on TV shows, that can lead to misfire, and grandma driving by gets shot instead, or hits the tires, she loses control of her vehicle, and hits a family of five coming the other direction-killing everyone in the car. DO you see why these moves arent made in reality land-in real life. Life is not a tv show

4. sober and drug free says:

Police should shoot more idiots, there are way to many stupid people, that do not respect the law like Wes, she sped off because she was breaking the law and endangered the officers life you nut case.

1. TangledIn Steeringwheel says:

Careful what you wish for, idiot.

5. Johnny says:

This was not a Minneapolis Police Officer. It was a State Trooper. Get your facts straight CBS!!

6. Come on .... says:

To the Officer involved – thanks for taking the dope and drugs off the street.
    To you morons who don’t get what it takes to do the job – my guess is you couldn’t do the job it you tried.
    I pray to God you never have to serve in the armed forces either as your fellow soldiers likely would die if they needed to trust or depend upon you in any way.
    To the victims family – my thoughts and prayers also go out. She made a mistake, a bad one. That said he did what he had to do to. Sorry it turned out as it did.

7. DWT should be on the same level as DUI,,, says:

Actually if you were to see how you drive when you are texting, it should be legal…

1. DWT should be on the same level as DUI,,, says:

to shoot U that is…

2. CHESTER says:

texting is illegal

8. lefty says:

are you just that frickin stupid or what. Her husband or boyfriend has had drug charges against him in the past. She was transporting drugs for him and she was not bright enough to hide them when the office came to her car. Just one more moron we do not have to worry about anymore.

9. lefty says:

I just wish we could have cameras in our cars and when we see morons like those of you that think what the office did was wrong we could just shot you morons when we see you texting or doing anything that is against the law. The roads would be much better place to drive on if we could get rid of you idiots

10. Brian says:

…because he did his job and kept the law-abiding citizens safe

11. Jake says:

More and more dope dealers are using women as dealers and transporters, because women are not as conspicous, and if caught, they probably won’t do as much time. I had one on my block who got busted a few years ago. The dopers didn’t come to her home and buy, she delivered the dope to them. If you have a female in your neighborhood who comes and goes alot and doesn’t talk much about what she does, I’d be suspicious.

12. Dave says:

That’s right baby!! Thin the herd, then back to the streets! I love it.

13. wes says:

@Wes Smooth…. You are bag of liberal wind who believes everything that you see in action movies. I bet if antidepressants hadn’t been developed Darwinism would have thinned you from the herd and none of us would have to hear your stupidity.

14. CHESTER says:

if your texting while you drive you should be shot >…………………..your a complete moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Dave's Not Here says:

I graduated High School with David Kalinoff. Great guy with a great sense of humor. I hope he’s ok.

16. jeff says:

i just love how forgiving everyone is. everyone needs forgiveness, i can only hope that someday when you need it most it will be there for you. maybe then you will know how to forgive. many of you are so detatched, heartless and cruel. this woman didn’t need to die. it was stupid of the officer to even attempt to grab the wheel when the vehicle became in motion. it was stupid of her to flee the officer. this type of incident happens a lot, officers grabbing the wheel of a vehicle. the end result is usually death to the driver. he could have just as well ran back to his vehicle and pursued with his colleagues until the chase concluded. and how do you become “tangled” in the steering wheel anyway?

1. Dave's Not Here says:

Grabbed the wheel? Where did you read that? Why is it his fault? Yes, she did need to die, and justice was delivered.

2. Whitey Fjord says:

Yeah, until she plowed into an innocent person trying to flee from the cops. This way only the perp died. Get a clue please.

17. big dog says:

the missing clue:
    where is the vido from the dashboard cam?

18. NONJUDGEMENTAL says:

THESE POSTS ARE RIDICULUS. THE WHOLE THING IS TRAGICALLY SAD. SOME POOR WOMAN GOT WRAPPED UP IN SOMETHING THAT MADE HER NOT THINK CLEARLY FOR WHATEVER HER REASONS WERE AND THE OFFICER ACTED IN THE WAY HE THOUGHT WAS APPROPRIATE AND WE COULD ALL ARGUE TILL WE ARE BLUE IN THE FACE, BUT IT DOESN’T CHANGE THAT FACT THAT SOMEONE’S LIFE WAS TAKEN TRAGICALLY. SOME OF THE NICEST PEOPLE I KNOW GOT INVOLVED IN DRUGS, LUCKILY THEY WERE ABLE TO COME OUT OF IT WITH NO TROUBLE, BUT IT DOESN’T MAKE THEM BAD PEOPLE. WE ALL ARE GUILTY OF MAKING BAD CHOICES AT ONE TIME OR ANOTYER. WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE THE TROOPER OR THE DRIVER…I FEEL SAD FOR THE FAMILY ADN FRIEDNS OF THE WOMAN AND I FEEL HAPPY THAT THE TROOPER IS OKAY AND NOBODY ELSE WAS HURT. I THINK HE DID WHAT HE TRULY FELT HE HAD TO, SO THAT HE STAYED ALIVE. IN THE END, WE ARE ALL JUST DOING WHAT WE FEEL WE NEED TO, TO SURVIVE IN THIS WORLD THAT HAS BECOME SO OUT OF CONTROL!