Man Who Made Bombs Out Of Sex Toys Sentenced To 45 Months Stay
Get Breaking News First
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The Waseca County Attorney’s Office said the man who made bombs out of sex toys and gave them to his ex-girlfriends was sentenced Tuesday in a hearing to a stay of execution of 45 months and a probation period of 10 years.
Terry Allan Lester pleaded guilty to a charge of creating an explosive device in exchange for having the charge of making terroristic threats dropped in May.
Tuesday’s hearing also clarified that Lester’s criminal history could be used against him during his sentencing, the Waseca County Attorney’s Office said.
The initial bomb incident was reported on New Year’s Day. Authorities said Lester had been staying with the apparent intended victim and another woman.
He had been forced to leave the apartment by the landlord but left behind bags, one of which contained a container marked “Christmas Gifts.”
According to the original criminal complaint, police examined the package and found it had been modified with gun powder and buck shot, which were connected to a trigger inside the battery port.
Authorities said Lester planned on giving the sex toy to one of three women he had previously been involved with where the relationship ended poorly.
Materials were found suggesting he intended to make two other similar devices.
Police said the device was missing a key starting element, but it still could have exploded.