Police: 100-Plus Juveniles Involved In ‘Valleyscare’ Fights

SHAKOPEE (WCCO) — Police arrested two juveniles after several fights — involving over 100 juveniles — broke out during Valleyfair’s “Valleyscare” Saturday night, according to police.

At around 11:15 p.m., Valleyscare security alerted police that a big fight was starting by a roller coaster. Capt. Craig Robson from the Shakopee Police Department said it was a very chaotic situation with several fights going on at the same time.

Police responded and arrested two juveniles for disorderly conducted, cited three others for disorderly conduct and cited several more for trespassing.

One person was treated on-scene for a fat lip by emergency responders, but no one was taken to the hospital.

Robson said he’s not sure what led to the fights.

Todd Larkin, the Promotions and Communications Manager at Valleyfair, said the incident was handled appropriately. He added the “safety of our guests is our first priority.”

Larkin said it will be reviewed whether any changes should be made for next year’s event.

Police will be meeting with Valley Fair management to discuss increasing security at future events, especially on popular nights, including the Saturday before Halloween, MEA weekend and others.

Comments

1. Holly Smith says:

Buncha thugs from the cities causing trouble at Valleyfair again!? What a shame! I would never bring my family to one of these events on a Friday/Saturday night. Wasn’t it just a couple years back a gang of thugs beat up a father who was protecting his daughter while they were at Valleyfair? This is pathetic.

1. MarkH says:

My partner Bruce & I took his pre-teen nephews to VF eralier this summer..The Thug element in the park had us both scared..We stick closer to home these days..Loring Park,Theater Shows,Ice Shows,Cabaret,Ballet & Orchestra hall events are more suitable for us. Peace

2. Scott Alan says:

Are you saying we can’t discuss crime because it’s racist to do so? Like it’s been in Minneapolis for decades? OK, I’ll go along and pretend.

2. TS says:

They should have the same rules the MOA has. If you’re under 16 you need your parent there.

1. em1022 says:

there are rules and curfews in place at MOA

3. get real says:

That’s right ! No one from the ‘burbs would *ever* cause problems out in public.

1. Scott Alan says:

Check with the police and find out. We are not talking incidents, we are talking gangs of teens with prior arrests, not mall rats. Suburban teens more likely to be violent? Nice try.

4. markH says:

A couple of years ago a man was severely beaten by several males while defending his 12 year old daughter from one of the group who had grabbed her from behind-now this. I and my family have attended ValleyFair every year for many years, but we will not return to this park again. I hope more families will follow my example and send a message to family entertainment venues that if they cannot provide adequate security and provide a safe enviornment that they will find their core customer to be a thug who doesn’t spend money but just hangs out to cause trouble. Goodbye ValleyFair…my money is better spent elsewhere. Peace.

1. Mike says:

As a former Valleyfair employee, I hate seeing stories like this. But remember, Valleyfair security, like the Police in any town, can’t be everywhere. Unless you want cameras and security EVERYWHERE, the only next step is to ban groups larger than a certain amount, or kids under a certain age past a certain time. But then again, that doesn’t stop legal age drunk idiots.

2. for the record says:

Those were blacks that beat the guy up by the way… just for the record.

1. ann says:

And he was also black

1. Jesus Saves says:

and Jesus was also black. I see a pattern here.

1. Scott Alan says:

You make me look sane. Thank you for your vivid imagination.

1. Jesus Saves says:

You’re right…I may have exaggerated a bit. Jesus actually looked middle eastern. Picture Gaddafi but without the hat.

1. jackactionhero says:

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that this “Jesus” person ever existed at all.

5. Get it together before you have my business. says:

Why do they have something like that going on during Halloween on a Saturday night that late???? I bet most of them were past their curfews. Valleyfair needs to get their act together. I for one will not be brining my family out there anytime soon.I still think about that father Holly mentioned earlier.

6. usa says:

VALLEYFAIR, THE SECOND CHOICE FOR BABY SITTING, FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CHILDREN. MOA IS FIRST. GHETTO DOESNT HAVE A COLOR. IT HAS A POLITICAL AFFILIATION. ITS DEMOCRAT.

7. terrace says:

Why are parents allowing their juveniles out after curfew anyway?

8. VALLEY FAIR SHOULD HAVE SOME SECURITY !!! says:

$12 TO PARK HIRE SOME SECURITY WITH THAT MONEY !!!!!! $5 INTERNET PROCESSING FEE USE THAT !!! BULL S-IT FEES ??? THATS WHY I DO NOT GO THERE ANYMORE !!!

9. j speedbag 64 says:

10 bucks for bottled water and ”thug life”is valley fair these days,i used to take my kids there every year,it was great times but now…

10. a lotta lovin says:

Nappyfair ….

11. PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN !!!1 says:

OUT OF CONTROL !!! STAY CLEAR !!!! SAVE SOME MONEY WAY TO EXPENSIVE !!!

12. Relax says:

One fat lip? OMG it’s the end of the world!

1. Scott Alan says:

Does not happen with my crowd.

1. Jack Noff says:

probably what happens with “your crowd” is boy/boy luvin’

13. Sgt says:

Boyz in da hood.

14. NowSwimBack says:

Blacks should be banned from civilization.

1. mike says:

it was a fight between somalians and black ppl it was poppin lol